Author Topic: Booked in with Dr Levick on the 17th July  (Read 3155 times)

Offline KarlUK

• Posting Member
Hi, new here but been a long time lurker. I've finally plucked up the courage to go and get this done, and I will be operated on by Dr Levick next week on Thursday 17th July.

I've had gyno for the last 10 years and it seems to have got worse in the last two. I've tried everything from bodybuilding to drugs such as Tamoxifen and Letrozole. While the bodybuilding helped, I got tired of having to maintain low levels of bodyfat to hide it.

I'm have to say I am a little worried, as I have a little asymmetry in my pectoral muscles and hope that the procedure does not make it even more noticable! Only time will tell I suppose.

I'm at the point where I really need to get this off my chest as its beginning to be a major annoyance and is on my mind everyday. Wish me luck guys, any support is appreciated!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Good luck man, and congratulations on your decision! By all accounts it's a journey no-one seems to regret, and you've chosen the best surgeon.

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
Congrats mate! Hope everything goes well, which I'm sure it will do! Keep us posted and see you on the other side:D

Offline KarlUK

• Posting Member
Thanks guys, been following your progress over the last few days, and its helped to read your comments. While it sucks that you both are experiencing a bit of fluid buildup, it sounds like its getting taken care of. Hoping not to have to have this myself as I'm about 3 hours away!

To think this time next week I will be at the Priory staying overnight feels a bit sureal at the momment, not looking forward to it but hey ho the moobs have to go!

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Thanks guys, been following your progress over the last few days, and its helped to read your comments. While it sucks that you both are experiencing a bit of fluid buildup, it sounds like its getting taken care of. Hoping not to have to have this myself as I'm about 3 hours away!

To think this time next week I will be at the Priory staying overnight feels a bit sureal at the momment, not looking forward to it but hey ho the moobs have to go!

Hopefully you wont experience the fluid build up, Mr Levick did mention that it was fairly uncommon.

However, you should bear in mind that recovery is a long term process (months, maybe even up to a year) with its ups and downs, but all worth it in the long run.

Offline FrankMartin

• Posting Member
Good luck. Make sure you have some comfortable clothes on the day remember lifting your arms will be hard so button up shirts or zip up hoodies are ideal. You might want to trim?shave?...man scape your underarms. You will need to apply the plasters and tape.

Other than that don't worry. Levick knows what he's doing, and it really is over before you know it.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Good luck with surgery today.

It would be a good idea to take pictures from day after, and log your thoughts on here. When I first started doing that, I was thinking it would help others (and I hope it does), but then later I realised it was a fantastic way of keeping track of my progress/thoughts/concerns.

Anyway, all the best with today and see you on the other side!

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
Good luck dude! Everything will go perfect today, don't worry! It'll be done before you know it, you'll be looked after very well, keep us posted:)

Offline JackY16

• Posting Member
How you doing Karl? Has it gone okay so far!?

Offline KarlUK

• Posting Member
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately my mother in law had a severe stoke on the monday before the operation, and I had to literally drop everything and drive nearly 250 miles with my wife to the hospital she was admitted too.

We have been there ever since and only just got back to update this thread. I would like to really thank Julie Levick for her understanding and allowing me to postpone the surgery and offer a refund should I need to.

I hope to have the surgery later in the year all being well, for the forseeble future I will be driving up and down the country and will not be able to get this done.

Hope your progress is going well Achilles and Jacky and speak soon.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately my mother in law had a severe stoke on the monday before the operation, and I had to literally drop everything and drive nearly 250 miles with my wife to the hospital she was admitted too.

We have been there ever since and only just got back to update this thread. I would like to really thank Julie Levick for her understanding and allowing me to postpone the surgery and offer a refund should I need to.

I hope to have the surgery later in the year all being well, for the forseeble future I will be driving up and down the country and will not be able to get this done.

Hope your progress is going well Achilles and Jacky and speak soon.

So sorry to hear that Karl. Thoughts are with you guys, hopefully your mother in law makes a full recovery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024