Author Topic: My pics, go for the surgery or not?[additional pics added]  (Read 4599 times)

Offline hereitgoes

I am at a weight where I can no longer loose any more body fat.  I could try gaining some muscle and then cut fat after. But I feel I will be still disproportionate relative to my chest.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:43:47 PM by hereitgoes »

hammer

If it was me, no! I didn't when I was your age back in the 70's either but that was then!

You are you and we are here today and we now can get the surgery, so if you feel you need it go for it!

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
I wouldn't.  You have a fit body and the super minor gyno is not noticeable.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Very minor gyne, probably confined to the area just underneath the areolas.  This will NOT respond to further weight loss -- good thing you are satisfied at your present weight.

Assuming you have had this for a few years and it hasn't changed, then you have two options:  live with it (it is minor) and perhaps disguise it with a snug compression shirt when feasible.  Or have surgery to remove it and achieve a nipple which is flat and flush with the surrounding skin.

If you do opt for surgery, please seek out an experienced gyne surgeon in your area.  It may look small but believe me, this can be tricky to get just right.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline hereitgoes

to make extra sure, since I am a candidate for surgery

Offline hereitgoes

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
I would still say no. I would be extremely happy if I had your breasts.

Offline Dave92

• Posting Member
My right side looks like yours except I'm 2 weeks post surgery

Offline Brisboy

• Posting Member
This seems to be the same size as mine. As it's been said it's pretty minor but I can understand why it'd annoy you. If you can find a good, qualified gynecomastia surgeon in your area I'd say get the surgery if you feel uncomfortable with it.

steven618

can't even tell. i think gyne for all of us whether its a lil nodule or c cups they look dramatically worse to us cause well....we know its there. personally at the cost and risk of surgery i dont think i would be worth the debt and such. can't even tell really looks like a regular chest to me

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Hereitgoes,

I can't speak to your situation.  If I saw you at the pool or beach or locker room I would have wished I had a chest like that.  I would suspect you are literally the only person likely to notice but many will notice the scars and everybody will notice if you have a bad outcome.  With a male breast size well under the 50th  percentile, smaller than average, and yet the risk of a bad outcome is the same.  Somebody who starts with a D-DD cup would need so much more surgery and would end up with something that doesn't look a quarter as good as you do right now.

Do what makes you happy BUT there is a significant chance (if I had the numbers I would give them to you) that you will be less satisfied afterwards, especially if you don't go to a highly experienced surgeon in this kind of work.  Remember, Joan Rivers died from a botched endoscope exam.  Surgeons don't work on a "satisfaction guaranteed or your money back" agreement.   Good luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I think you are being far too critical of yourself.

Then too, I can hold a pencil in the crease under each breast. Perhaps my opinion is a bit far in the opposite direction.  No really, It is not that bad. What the doctor said about choosing a surgeon with great care is totally true. But I would have no problem ignoring it entirely.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

I'm with Paa_Paw on this and I not only can hold the pencil, but the entire pencil box under each breast!

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
Looks normal to me, if i were you i wouldn't go for it

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024