Author Topic: Had bad gland gyno..now 3 weeks out...looks better but not great...  (Read 1540 times)

Offline ravman

As you can see I have really bad gyno. I am now 3 weeks post op. The surgeon took out 34cc of gland tissue from each side. He did not do any lipo. It does look better but I am not completely satisfied. There is still significant gland tissue above my nipple, I still jiggle when I run, and the nipples are still puffy. I know there is still some swelling and bruising and results take up to 6 months to be fully recognized. However should I start considering a revision? I just don't think enough was done.

I also started doing lower body weight training workouts and walking 10 days after surgery and my swelling and bruising got worse so I discontinued all activity.(even though my surgeon said it was fine) It has since improved but there is still scab tissue over the incision points and some light soreness. The bruising is more obvious when I raise my hands over my head. When should it be safe to exercise again without delaying healing? Could what I did have permanent effects on the results?

Before and after pics are attached.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I see minor Gynecomastia then nothing.  I think you are being far too critical of yourself.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At 3 weeks post op, it is much to early to judge the final results of your procedure.  I do not allow any strenuous exercises (for fear of swelling and addition bleeding/bruising) for a minimum of four weeks after surgery.  Your experience at ten days serves as  proof that one needs to minimize any exercise in the immediate period after surgery.

Usually, though, any swelling and bruising is temporary -- I doubt if there will be any long term effects -- unless, of course, you had a hematoma (but that doesn't seem likely from your description).

In any case, be patient and allow Mother Nature to heal.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024