Author Topic: 7 weeks post op - colonical contour returning (pics)  (Read 2059 times)

Offline FakeLove

Oh man I just wish I wouldn't have to think this anymore, but since it's bugging me I wanted to ask will the time do it's thing or do I most probably need to start thinking about revision.

My operation was excision and lipo both, and around 150ml was removed from each side all in all. Never saw the removed glands afterwards so I don't know how big that actually was.

I did wear the compression garment 24/7 for  5 and a half weeks, but ditched it since it didn't seem to make any difference to my contour.

Now I understand that my case isn't the most severe around here and I don't want to seem like conceited person. It's just mentally hard to handle when you see the boobs again through a t-shirt, even when the operation has been done. Especially when a couple of days post op all looked pretty much perfect.

Now here's the before:

3 days post op all looked like this. The contour started to change around week after the operation:

And 7 weeks post op:

Offline FakeLove

To my eyes the difference compared now vs. before isn't that big. If I try it through my shirt the under areola seems empty and the colonical / edgy contour could come from the excision wound scar tissue, which I can feel quite clearly. There's also very small hard lumps on the edges of the areola area + around it. I don't know if those could be scar tissue or not. Haven't really seen an explanation that what exactly people do mean when they talk about scar tissue. Lumps under the skin other than surgical wounds?

I feel lumps pretty much all around my chest and even some similar kind of gyno tissue in the perimeter side of my chest. I can grab it and it's full of small lumps which I said I feel all around. Really hard to say if that would affect to the controur and is it just muscle or left overs of the gland, which in that case I believe shouldn't be there.

Another difference is that when I flex there's no puffiness, like there was before operation. That gives me slight hope that it's just swelling, but really that much still at 7 weeks?

Yeah, but the contour change to worse and not getting any better during weeks 1 and 7 post op isn't really encouraging. Depressing stuff.

ha032742

I have to be honest, from the before pics you appeared to have a masculine chest though you may have had a small amount of excess fat over the area, which is often difficult to shift. I'd be interested to find out how much glandular tissue was removed (I suspect it would be a minimal amount).

Scar tissue often feels like hard ridges/lumps but in some cases can be soft and therefore difficult to distinguish from normal tissue. Post-op swelling can also take a long time to completely settle (up to 6 months or even more to full heal), so it's still very early to even start thinking about revision surgery. I would really think long and hard before going for revision surgery if at the 6 month mark you're still unhappy with the result as there's a risk that further surgery can lead to more scar tissue formation etc. so it may end up being a futile pursuit of perfection when it is not realistic.

Offline FakeLove

Thanks for the comment. Based on what the doc said he removed surprisingly much. Before it was very easy to grab the tissue located under the nipple / areola, and the gland also reached towards the armpit. And when flexed easily noticeable puffiness existed with and without the shirt. That's now gone and there's a hole under the areola. So noticeable difference in that sense I would say.

It just was so positively surprising that the contour was perfect right after the operation. And the devastation when seeing it go away is mentally difficult to handle. And while its not huge in matter of size, it's disconcertingly visible trough a shirt escpecially. Making me again to choose the right shirts from the closet.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024