Author Topic: How severe would you say my gynecomastia is?  (Read 6090 times)

Offline jimmy472

• Posting Member
Nice to post here. I am planning on getting surgery done soon. I was just curious how severe you would say my gynecomastia is? If you had/have gyno yourself, would you say mine is worse than yours? I am 6'2" and 185 pounds.

Would you say it is:

Very mild
Mild
Average
Severe
Very severe

Offline sg1288

Your case is basically Mild going towards average.
Gland excision with some lipo would fix ur chest pretty well.

hammer

I'll go off your grid and say, somewhat mild!

I was able to live with the same size, or somewhat bigger, for many years until my health went to hell and I lost my testicles. My breasts grow like crazy then and ended up being 46H. I've learned to live with them because I'm to busy taking care of other health issues not to care about breast!

In your case, you need to do what you need to do, but personally I wouldn't worry about it, but that's me.

Good luck with what ever you do!

Offline liton2k

• Posting Member
Try to loose weight it might get flat.. mines are worse ...

Offline jimmy472

• Posting Member
I have lost weight. At one point I weighed 150 pounds. My chest remained the same. In fact, it was probably more noticeable.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

I would say you have a mild case.  I had surgery myself (read My Story below) and your case is not as bad as mine was. 

Make sure you consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is specialized in G surgery.

Good luck,
---Bobby

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You do have gynecomastia -- no doubt.  What difference does it make whether it is mild, average or severe????

If you wish to proceed with surgery to remove it, the only concern is to consult with an acknowledged expert in the field -- and if there is no one near you, then consider traveling for an expert opinion.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline jimmy472

• Posting Member
I'm in the Los Angeles area. I am considering Dr. Kapoor but I am wondering if there are any other surgeons in the LA area that should be considered.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
I'm in the Los Angeles area. I am considering Dr. Kapoor but I am wondering if there are any other surgeons in the LA area that should be considered.

I had my surgery with Dr Dadvand and I'm glad I chose him.
Please read My Story below for details.

Offline jimmy472

• Posting Member

Thanks, I have. Great progress. I may look into him as well. How much did your procedure cost, though?

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

Thanks, I have. Great progress. I may look into him as well. How much did your procedure cost, though?

Each case is different and that's a cause for price difference from one patient to another.  The good news is that Dr Dadvand's consultation is free and I highly suggest you go and see him before making any commitments (i.e., paying a surgeon).

Both doctors, Kapoor and Dadvand, will probably give you similar quotes.  But you shouldn't let the price be a deciding factor.  You want to choose the doctor with whom you feel more comfortable.  In my case, it was Dr. Dadvand.

Good luck!
---Bobby

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I would say that the only measure of severity is how they are impacting your life.   If it is not a big deal and you can ignore them,  then obviously it is not bad.  If you are becoming obsessive about them and you are hiding or wearing inappropriately heavy clothing in warm weather to hide them:  That would make it bad.  Size really makes no difference. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024