Author Topic: Surgery booked with Levick  (Read 5678 times)

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
Hey chaps,

Well I had my consultation last week with Levick and I am booked in for 15th of April. Little nervous I must admit. No doubt Ill become more nervous the closer I get but I've saved the money (may be paying a little on credit)and spent a LONG time getting to this point I know its the right decision. Got a few things niggling at my mind though.

Mine is a mild case compared to some as puffy nipples is my issue. Levick says I have barely any body fat on my chest which I think helps the operation but I do worry about the nipple caving in and not looking natural due to lack of fat behind the nipple. I may just be over thinking it though  :-\

Ill be doing a full write up of my Gyne journey and be keeping a regular update on my progress throughout as I would like to give a little back to this forum that has helped me get to this point and I am sure I will need a bit of advice along the way.

Thanks guys!

Offline qazwsxedcrfvtgb

• Posting Member
Hey chaps,

Well I had my consultation last week with Levick and I am booked in for 15th of April. Little nervous I must admit. No doubt Ill become more nervous the closer I get but I've saved the money (may be paying a little on credit)and spent a LONG time getting to this point I know its the right decision. Got a few things niggling at my mind though.

Mine is a mild case compared to some as puffy nipples is my issue. Levick says I have barely any body fat on my chest which I think helps the operation but I do worry about the nipple caving in and not looking natural due to lack of fat behind the nipple. I may just be over thinking it though  :-\

Ill be doing a full write up of my Gyne journey and be keeping a regular update on my progress throughout as I would like to give a little back to this forum that has helped me get to this point and I am sure I will need a bit of advice along the way.

Thanks guys!
Hey man congratulations on having your surgery booked. I had my surgery over a year ago and also had puffy nipples with almost no bodyfat. PM me if you have any questions

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
Thanks alot Qaz, really appreciate it mate!

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
lol dude im on the 15th too what time is yours?

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
I got given the leaflet for the compression vests and wondering which one everyone thinks is best to buy, also how many should I get as I am thinking one to wear while one is washed?

Great news Bossman! Ive got to be there for 10am so I reckon just after that. Whatabout you?

ha032742

Get 2, should be enough. The ones most people get are the Macom vest style ones but the half sleeve version is probably more comfortable as it doesn't dig in under the arms like the vest style.

Offline mr_m101

• Bronze Member
I've bought one vest style and one long sleeve, both full torso. If you go for this one - ]http://www.macom-medical.com/products/sleeved-torsofix/56?c=7 , just note that it actually has full length sleeves now rather than the half length sleeves in the picture. I emailed them and they said they can just be cut without affecting the compression though.

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
I got given the leaflet for the compression vests and wondering which one everyone thinks is best to buy, also how many should I get as I am thinking one to wear while one is washed?

Great news Bossman! Ive got to be there for 10am so I reckon just after that. Whatabout you?
[/quote

Mines at 8 lol I'm before you haha I'll see you there proberly I'm staying the night I'm so nervous really paro getting put to sleep :/

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
Anyone know which are better between the Veronique or the Macom vests? Or I guess what worked well for them?

Bossman-
Yeah the nerves are starting to kick in for me also and I have started over thinking things but I'm still confident it will go fine. We have got this far and we just need to keep pushing our selves as if this forum is anything to go by it will be well worth it. Have you decided to go sleeved or no sleeve on the vest?

ha032742

Dr. Karidis gives the Macom ones to his patients and I had no problem with mine.

Offline Sports Brah

• Bronze Member
I got the Macom ones and they only rubbed when I had the dressings over my nips, for whatever reason. Wearing them 24/7 has led to a fair bit of dry skin etc but that'll pass once they come off and the skin can breathe again - I do have sensitive skin in general though. Btw, if you (or anyone) want a size Small vest I'll be looking to shift my 2 on once I'm done with them (5 weeks post op at the present time).

My log's in the Europe forum - I'd never been anaesthetised either and it wasn't a big deal in the end - I was waiting for them to tell me when I was about to go under, took a couple of breaths once the mask was on and next thing I know I was back in my room and it was all over.

ha032742

Only other tip is to wear a Nike compression top one size smaller than your usual under the compression vest to prevent rubbing.

Offline BossManG

• Silver Member
Anyone know which are better between the Veronique or the Macom vests? Or I guess what worked well for them?

Bossman-
Yeah the nerves are starting to kick in for me also and I have started over thinking things but I'm still confident it will go fine. We have got this far and we just need to keep pushing our selves as if this forum is anything to go by it will be well worth it. Have you decided to go sleeved or no sleeve on the vest?

I haven't bought any yet could anyone give me a site so I can buy 2 the best ones. Less than 2 weeks now lol wooo

ha032742

You can buy direct from Macom.

The ones I had:
macom-medical.com/products/torsofix-vest/34?c=46

The alternative with sleeves:
macom-medical.com/products/sleeved-torsofix/56?c=46

Just put www. before each link.

Offline bagels

• Posting Member
Hey guys! Thanks for the help and advice. I went for the veronique vest in the end. Tried it on and it fits like a glove! Not long to go now!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024