Author Topic: unilateral revision  (Read 2887 times)

Offline fiberone11

I had lipo and excision about 4 years ago. The results were great, but there was always a little bit of extra tissue in my left pec. Due to certain medication that I used recently, I've noticed a little bit of growth on that one side. The nipple is pointy about 75% of the time and it pokes out on my shirts slightly. I can feel the gland tissue under and around my nipple area. My right side is perfect and feels completely cleaned out in comparison.

I guess I could live with it since it's not that noticeable, but it really annoys me. I'm also worried that further use of my medication  might make it grow even more, so I'd kind of like to just get it taken care of for the peace of mind.

Would it make sense to have another procedure? I was told this can be done under local anesthesia where he will just go in and pull out the extra lumps of tissue. What are the chances my chest can be screwed up by going in for a revision?

Thanks.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It is actually quite rare for the human body to be mirror image symmetrical.  One ear is larger and  at a different height from the other.   The line down the center of your face tracing along the bridge of the nose, the center of the lips and then the center of the chin is hardly ever a straight line and if you really look closely one eye is larger than the other and one is higher than the other.  The same is true of your breasts. They are not the same either.  This is normal.

We are really odd. We are most critical of ourselves and we can be our own worst enemies. 

You know where I am heading with this so I'll leave you to finish it for yourself.

If I had the money for surgery, I would probably put a down payment on a Sailboat instead.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Paa_Paw is so right, just look at your hands and feet, or check your testicles! My word nothing on us that we have two of are exactly the same! My question to you, other then you, who the hell really gives a damn if something like that isn't perfectly the same?

I myself would donate the money to programs like SMILES that help children with cleft lip, or other programs like that, that would help people have better lives! One of my faverites is St. Jude's!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024