Author Topic: Hi all, introduction and quick question?  (Read 8876 times)

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Id like to start by saying hello to everyone on the board.

Im 28 and had gyne for a very short time only around 6 weeks!, and it is true gyne caused from taking anabolic/androgenic steroids, i knew that i stood a very good chance of getting gyne but i thought that keeping some anti estrogens and anti aromatase on hand would help.....alas it failed!.
Now im left with two hard lumps of glandular tissue behind each nipple that  protrudes and can be noticed through my T shirts.
I didnt go blindly in to taking steroids not knowing the risks... it took over 8 years of research with lotts of reading etc etc, so i knew the risks!.

Anyway before i ask my question i would first like to say i admire each and every person on this board that suffers from gyne, the reason is i have only had the condition for 6 weeks and through my own doing (wich i Dont regret before any body asks!) and i am aready paranoid and self consious about wearing  clothing that reveals my new friends :-[ , some of the guys on here have got this condition through no fault of their own but have dealt with it for a hell of a long time and you get the upmost respect from me!.

I am going to get the lumps removed as quick as i can and have been looking in getting them removed by "BUPA" has anybody got any feedback on them, im looking at these because they have a hospital not far from my home and it would make it a hell of a lot easier for me regarding getting back home and going back to work etc.

Thanks .

Offline brother_gyne

• Bronze Member
Getiing it on BUPA is a new one on me, there is a lot of stuff from Americans on getting it on health insurance. Perhaps if you look to them for the ins and outs of claims, unless someone here has gone Bupa. Interesting angle.

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
Generally private insurance wont pay for anything that pre exists the policy. If its just popped up as it were then they may consider it depending on your policy.

Dont have much sympathy with steroid users though Im afraid.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help

Its not really a case of sympathy.  The guy isnt here asking for any, so its really kinda pointless making statements like that.

Chestrockwell, you may have already done this but it may be worth asking on muscletalk.co.uk forums to see if there any PCT that would work at this stage.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member

Bit of an unwarranted comment, I'm sure the guy didn't come on here looking for judgemental comments, he probably came to get some constructive advice....

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Welcome Chestrockwell.

I suspect BUPA may a little reluctant to help with something self induced. You took juice for a reason, and if you got the gains you were looking for the docs are likely to notice. In any event there aren't really any other ways for gyne to suddenly appear at 28 - that would be one hell of a late onset of puberty!

I think the same will apply with NHS.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think private treatment is going to be your only course.

Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
But whats the difference though between someone filling their face with pies and getting gyne from being obese and someone using steriods?,  some people on this board are or were overweight which either gave them gyne or made it worse.I don't hear anyone slating them.

I got fatty gyno from a drug I had to take for med reasons so mine wasn't self induced.But I have sympathy for anyone who gets this condition.I doubt Bupa will cover the op as the Americans on this board have real problems with their med insurance covering itIn many cases. I 'd give it a go though save you a few quid if they did.As for the NHS Iam sure they will find some angle not to cover it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 05:47:51 AM by Worrier »

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Generally private insurance wont pay for anything that pre exists the policy. If its just popped up as it were then they may consider it depending on your policy.

^
Directed at me?.

If so have heard all this rubbish before!... listen i came hear asking for advice not to be judged, i keep myself in tiptop condition,my weight is 205 lbs with 11% bodyfat, i eat clean, i dont smoke, dont drink, ive been training for around ten years, my body has maxed out on what it can carry so im going a little beyond my level by doing a couple of courses of steroids!.
Like i said previously i didnt go in to this blindly!, i did more research on this topic than anything i ever did, you see there is a difference between "steroid use" and down right "Steroid Abuse".

im booked in to get my blood lipids checked and get my testosterone levels checked, and also my liver values, i took all the precautions while using to make sure that every little detail was coverd to protect my health and return my body chemistry back to normal, whatever drug or medicine you use there are risks, im sure you are well aquainted with the drug "tomoxifen citrate" (nolvadex),   or "clomiphene citrate" "clomid", well as mild as these drugs are there are also side effects

Im not trying to justify why i took steroids and i dont expect allot of people will understand why i do, i wasnt happy with my body  like some guys on here....god hasnt given me the body id like.. like some guys on here, i tried training naturaly...like some guys diet to try and reduce the apearence of their gyne, and now im at the end of the road!, i take steroids to get the body i want and like some guys on here including myself are prepared to go and be placed under a general anesthetic (wich has risks) and have the lumps and excess fat removed (wich has risks also), so can you please tell me the difference in what both are aims are and how we are prepared to reach them!.

Id like to thank all the guys that have offerd me advice i realy appreciate what you have said..it means allot.

Please dont judge me by my rant.. its just i havent come hear to upset anybody i just wanted some advise and help, and to get sarcasm just wasnt expected, but there seems to be one person on every board that likes to instigate arguments and ive found him ;D

Thanks guys :)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Chestrockwell.......I also got gyne from steroids, although in my case it was sadly(for me!) my own fault, as I took some pretty heavy gear ( anapolon 50) without taking an anti estrogen which was very very follish but hey we live and learn!

Just out of interest what stack caused your gyne?...I am gyne free now, and am training again, and I probably will take steroids again, although this time I will be doing it a LOT more scientifically and avoid the highly andogenic roids....

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Chestrockwell.......I also got gyne from steroids, although in my case it was sadly(for me!) my own fault, as I took some pretty heavy gear ( anapolon 50) without taking an anti estrogen which was very very follish but hey we live and learn!

Just out of interest what stack caused your gyne?...I am gyne free now, and am training again, and I probably will take steroids again, although this time I will be doing it a LOT more scientifically and avoid the highly andogenic roids....

Edited due to "party pooper"  :-*/only joking bro wrong time wrong place for this discussion on open board.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:38:49 AM by chestrockwell »

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Guys

Not trying to be a party pooper or anything and i have absolutely nothing against steroids or steroid users, but maybe better messaging each other about cycles and such ??

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
Guys

Not trying to be a party pooper or anything and i have absolutely nothing against steroids or steroid users, but maybe better messaging each other about cycles and such ??

absolutley ive just got to find out how to do it sorry about that!, i will edit the thread.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
No problem mate, i personally dont mind but there are some who might  :)

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
But whats the difference though between someone filling their face with pies and getting gyne from being obese and someone using steriods?,  some people on this board are or were overweight which either gave them gyne or made it worse.I don't hear anyone slating them.

I got fatty gyno from a drug I had to take for med reasons so mine wasn't self induced.But I have sympathy for anyone who gets this condition.I doubt Bupa will cover the op as the Americans on this board have real problems with their med insurance covering itIn many cases. I 'd give it a go though save you a few quid if they did.As for the NHS Iam sure they will find some angle not to cover it.
Worrier, medically there is a big difference - but it shouldn't matter in terms of the respect we afford anyone seeking advice. Which I think is what you are suggesting.  ;)

There are two types of "gyne"; glandular - which is "real" gyne if you like - and "pseudo" which is basically fat. One is hormonally induced, one pie induced ;D It is of course possible to have both, either, or (for the fortunate ones), neither.

My personal view is that the presence of glandular gyne will predispose the sufferer to pseudo gyne as well. Look at female breasts, they tend to be well filled out with localised fat deposits. I believe that glandular tissue attracts fatty deposits, possibly for protection, possibly as a ready energy store for lactation.

Only real gyne requires surgery to remove. Pseudo can be dealt with by diet and exercise.

Whatever the makeup of the gyne, and whatever the root cause, this board is here to help those who suffer from it. Judgemental postings of any kind are neither necessary or helpful. There are many medical conditions which are properly treated by steriods, so I suspect he actually meant "steriod abusers", but the distinction is irrelevant.

This guy has done his research, made his choices, accepts responsibilty for the consequences, and is seeking advice, not moral judgement.

For what its worth, I got to where Chestrockwell was in terms of maxxed natural deveopment, but because of the pre-existing gyne didn't have the balls to take steriods to go that extra step (apologies for the bad taste pun there!). I can fully understand why people do so.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 07:28:41 AM by phil.short »

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Sorry for querying stacks etc....I know it was off topic.....

But on a side note, I thinkl this thread has really bought a sour taste to this board, due to some holier than thou comments!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024