Author Topic: New to Forums. A Little info?  (Read 2586 times)

Offline Sad_Lad

Hi all

Well im new here just thought after a long time of living with a really bad op id try to help myself again.

Well heres the back story:

When I was younger I had pretty large breasts, I had tried loosing the weight and all that but they still stayed, so in a last ditch effort I had the gyne op done in the uk. I was still pretty young, and after the op I couldnt really see the results until after the bandages came off.  

I think the first thing I said while looking in the mirror was "what have I done to myself" the op was a terrible failure, my nipples had recessed so far back, that they seem like holes in my chest. at first I was just mentally gone it seemed I had swapped one evil for another. and this one, as I was told was not so easy to correct, but funny enough the doctor that did it seemed rather happy with the results, now I had seen proper results and this was not one of them. He said that once I lost more weight it would look better, well over the year that passed I lost allot of weight and still my chest remained the same, no matter how much weights I did or how long I did it for. nothing.  

I went back to the doctor who asked me if people had noticed, I felt as if he was putting me on, I asked him "take of your shirt and tell me this looks normal to you" he then went on about how he could remove more fat from around the chest etc etc I just couldnt take it and left.  

I’ve lived with this now for almost 8 years now and haven’t noticed anything, I have hardly any sensation in my nipples unless the are pinched really hard, but I aint in to that haha. and I still dont swim, and I still dont do anything that involved me taking off my shirt. Recently I got a very understanding woman in my life, who doesnt  care about any of this, she care for me how I am, but I still look at my self and im not happy with what I see.  

Ive talked with one or two docs about this and they all tell me its much harder to put things back and make it look right, than it would have been to just do it right to start.

I was hoping I could get some feedback on to what I can do, to correct my bad op.

please let me know. If anyone knows.

Thank You.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Jeez, that's a sorry tale. I guess all you can do is persevere talking to other surgeons to see if you can find one who feels able to help. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that you'd want to see some evidence of their work before proceeding. Have you looked into pec implants?
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline Sad_Lad

:-/ I know it sounds strange but i just really dont want that route, i just want to see if it can be done some other way.

If not i dont know.

Offline webster

• Silver Member
hi Sad. You tell a sad tale alright. Surely time has healed to some extent? Hope so anyway.

I recall reading about 'fat flaps' on Dr Bermants site:
www.plasticsurgery4u.com. The PS carefully partially cuts through fatty tissue next to an indentation and folds it over to flatten both the 'high' and 'low' areas. Challenge for the PS is to preserve blood supply to the cut tissue.

I believe this is an established procedure now.
for instance read Allbah's diary (summer 2005):
"I could vagely remember the surgeon saying..."I did a flap for you...no liposuction...you had vey bad capsules forming around the implants"

of course you have to find a PS who has a clue what they are doing!
ATB in ur quest. Webster.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
was the first guy nhs?  not to denigrate them, some people had ok experiences with it, but private guys like levick seem more popular because they may be a little more accountable, maybe, and if i remember rightly, the guy once had it himself.  in the states bermant and a few others seem to specialize in cleaning up the odd case of inferior work by other people, which you could ask about particularly, with whomever you speak to.   somebody more sensitive to quality will stress the aesthetic dimension of their work than somebody else who just says they'll take it out.  not everyone who can wield a scalpel has the qualification of experience and sharing the goal with you of good final results.  wish it could have gone better for ya.  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 08:29:44 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Sad_Lad

well its been years and im going to have to look thru my old papers to find this guys name.

seein ghow ive really just avoided it in my head for so long, tho true enough im very happy to have actually found a person that doesnt care about these things (very lucky indeed) so im not AS depressed as before, just a little cause she loves to swim haha talk about irony :)

im just focusing on the rest of my body with 1 hour a day work outs and all that, it just gets me down some times, but thank you all again for your help, if anyone else knows anything let me know :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024