Author Topic: Post op 19 days [UPDATE - 6 MONTHS!]  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Pink

Hi guys (and girls),
I kinda discovered this forum a bit too late, but I feel like I should contribute anyway.
Short background story: I was one of the people God chose to give this horrific condition back when I was in my early teens. As a flat chested skinny kid, it just looked awful having one side growing larger than the other. I remember being self-concious about it very early, but fotunatly it didn't bother me to take my shirt off all too much (until later for some reason).
As the years went by, I got into weight lifting, which helped my put on confidence and made it less noticable. The condition however was still something that was on my mind constantly.

Long story short, after 10 years (the last 3-4 years being the most self-concious) I finally took the step to get surgery. Now, almost 3 weeks later, and about $1000 less in my bank account, a _HUGE_ burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I still have some swelling going on since I didn't get a compression garment for the first week (until I asked for one), but so far, I feel a tremendous difference already.

Next on the agenda, get a chest like Arnold ;)

To everyone suffering from gynecomastia, I wish you brothers nothing but the best! My heart goes out to each and everyone of you! God bless!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:16:45 AM by Pink »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Congratulations and welcome to the Forum!  It looks like your surgeon did a great job.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Pink

Here is me 6 months after surgery. It took about 2 months for the swelling to subside, and from what I've heard after 6 months there will be no further changes, although the last couple of months haven't changed much.

Anyway, here is a photo. For anyone interested, I started exercising about 3-4 weeks post surgery, but these concerns should obviously be discussed with your surgeon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024