Author Topic: The "Levick Technique" / Dr Vik Vijh  (Read 5883 times)

Offline bluearcher

• Posting Member
Question: Are there any doctors in the UK, other than Dr Vik Vijh, who are performing gynecomastia surgery using the "Levick Technique" of removing the gland through the armpit?

Background: I had a consultation with Dr Levick in May 2015. It went well and he informed me that I'm a good candidate for surgery. (I'm 6ft2, used to weigh over 20 stone, now weigh about 13.5 stone.) He wanted me to have the surgery within the month after the consultation but because of work, I was not able to commit to surgery last year.

I then had a consultation with Dr Vijh in December 2015 after Levick had retired. Dr Vijh also said I'm a good candidate for surgery. But for whatever reason, it seems impossible to actually get a date for surgery locked in. I've received several reasons for this over the past month and a half; the main ones seem to be his schedule and difficulty finding a location to perform the surgery (as you need specific equipment to perform the technique through the armpit.)

Honestly, I just want the surgery done ASAP and I'm tired of waiting. But I definitely don't want a scar around my nipple as I'm prone to scarring.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And are any of you having problems booking surgery in with Dr Vijh, or am I just the unlucky one?

Offline paul786

• Posting Member
He is a very busy surgeon even more so with the TV show he was in so
I guess you need to just take whats or offer or find another surgeon.
if there is no loose skin they don't go all the way around the nipple just a small cut at the base of it.

Offline johnmc84

• Posting Member
Hi Blue
Sorry I can not give a recommendation on another surgeon.  I wanted to ask a question?   When you say having difficulty finding a location to perform the surgery.  Was Mr Vijh open to the option of performing the surgery outside London or Birmingham? 

Offline bluearcher

• Posting Member
Hi Blue
Sorry I can not give a recommendation on another surgeon.  I wanted to ask a question?   When you say having difficulty finding a location to perform the surgery.  Was Mr Vijh open to the option of performing the surgery outside London or Birmingham?

Hey John,

I'm not really able to answer that question. The topic of performing the surgery outside of London or Birmingham has never come up, so I'm not sure if he would or would not be open to it.

However, I've now been told that my surgery should be scheduled for the end of March... but it hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm glad that some progress is being made but considering my consultation was near the beginning of December 2015, it sucks I'm having to wait so long. I would have had it done in December if I could. And I know it probably seems like I'm being impatient but I'm just so eager to have this problem resolved. This surgery has been a long time coming.

Offline johnmc84

• Posting Member
Hi Blue
I think you have every right to be a bit impatient after being made to wait from December.  It does concern me a bit.  I had to reschedule my consultation twice due to work commitments.  It has now been confirmed for the end of February.   I wanted to have the surgery done at the end of March.  But now I do not hold much hope.  Mr Vijh is a busy man.  I guess I should take some comfort that he is in so much demand.   I wish you all the best with your surgery and hope it goes ahead in March.   I will let you know how I get on.

Offline geobiders

Hi Blue,
Have you had the surgery done with Dr Vijh yet?

George

Offline bluearcher

• Posting Member
Hi Blue,
Have you had the surgery done with Dr Vijh yet?

George

Hi George,

I have not had the surgery with Dr Vijh yet. I was given an official date for surgery via email (late March) and I responded saying that the date works for me. But I have not received a response back. So until I receive a letter in the post, I'm not going to rely on it.

Only thing I'm worried about is having to take time off work. I'm literally gonna have to make up some bullshit excuse because I'm not allowed to take time off work for a cosmetic procedure. I'm considering saying that I was in a minor car accident... but that could come back to bite me in the ass. I've still got time to come up with the perfect lie, though. Oh, the drama of gyne surgery. =/

Offline geobiders

Hi blue,
I actually have a date booked in for the 24th March.
To be honest I'm not sure yet if I'm going to keep that date or wait till after summer.
I'm going away in late May and I'm concerned I won't have had enough time to heal.
I know he has been trained by Dr levick and also performed surgeries along side him.
That being said it would be nice to read a few reviews and if I wait till after summer I'm sure there will be some.

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Let us know if you do decide to have surgery this thursday.
I'm also interested in Vik Vijh but confused as to how I actually get a consultation.

Also, how much is he charging?

Offline GynoThrowaway

• Posting Member
I'm also interested in Vik Vijh but confused as to how I actually get a consultation.

4000 apparently.

How much does Karidis charge? 6?

Offline Jake46

• Posting Member
Mr vijh has quoted me £4450 for liposuction and complete removal of the glands including an over night stay in hospital, im booked in for the 16th of June 

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member

4000 apparently.

How much does Karidis charge? 6?

5 and half, but with travel you're looking more like 6 yeh.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024