Author Topic: Losing Weight  (Read 8375 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Been a plateau since Oct, but at least the VA Dietician is happy with it, because over a 10 day trip, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I didn't gain anything.  
I got sick last week, only 1 day and lost 5 lbs in 48 hrs.  Sheesh, but I hardly ate a thing, just keep fluids going.  
So hopefully I can get this barge moving again off the weight sandbar....  I so badly want to get down a lot.  Of course, as it is, I am down a band size and up a cup right now...  Joy....

Offline TigerPaws

Been a plateau since Oct, but at least the VA Dietician is happy with it, because over a 10 day trip, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I didn't gain anything.  
I got sick last week, only 1 day and lost 5 lbs in 48 hrs.  Sheesh, but I hardly ate a thing, just keep fluids going.  
So hopefully I can get this barge moving again off the weight sandbar....  I so badly want to get down a lot.  Of course, as it is, I am down a band size and up a cup right now...  Joy....
It is hard work to loose weight and Damn easy to put it on. Eating is fun on SO many levels, DIE -ting is uncomftorble hard work.

Kep going Sir, your reward in in the mirror.

hammer

Hang in there, I've been doing the same thing! I've gone down in bits and pieces! I've found with this low car died or life style as I prefer to call it because it is great for my diabetes, if I give myself a day or 2 from being real strick and have a more normal high carb day or days, then go back into low carb it kicks back into losing again!

I find that I drop a pound or 3, then I ride there for a while, then another, so on and so on. I've dropped a little over 20 since my highest point before starting this life style up! My plan is to not stop, because everything else in my body is working so much better since I've been doing this!

73's
Bob

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I can't wait till it warms up enough to get out and start walking again.  I was doing 2-3 miles a day while it was warmer
I just have to, it is worth it....I don't care if I appear bigger upstairs, still worth it...

hammer

I hear ya, I wish I could do that as it would sure help, but I have to just watch my intake!

Good luck, and I agree a far as, the hell with the top!

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
To me, I don't see much, but others have commented that I look like I have lost some.  I am at the lowest point now in the last 3+ years, so that is a good start.  

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I need to start walking again.  I lost 35 pounds by just walking and counting calories.  Now im up 20 pounds.  I would walk 1-6 miles a day. 

Offline TigerPaws

A fast walk beats running, years of running did nothing but wear out me knees. Swimming and LONG fast walking is much easier of the old body. 

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
That is what I am trying, walking (fast typically) to get going again when it warms up, I am almost itching to start running, but with my weight, I am VERY concerned that it would blow out my knees too easily.  

A fast walk beats running, years of running did nothing but wear out me knees. Swimming and LONG fast walking is much easier of the old body.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I had been walking 3 to 5 miles a day but my knees are giving me hell lately and I just can't do it any more.  I'm now waiting for a stress test to see if surgery is OK to replace my left knee.  The right one will follow soon after if I can do it. 
I'm trying to hold my weight under 200 but with the loss of mobility and being diabetic that is not easy. 
Grandpa Dan

hammer

I had been walking 3 to 5 miles a day but my knees are giving me hell lately and I just can't do it any more.  I'm now waiting for a stress test to see if surgery is OK to replace my left knee.  The right one will follow soon after if I can do it.  
I'm trying to hold my weight under 200 but with the loss of mobility and being diabetic that is not easy.

Lord knows I totally understand Dan!

Offline gsarfin

• Posting Member
I have 3 days left in a 60 day weight loss challenge at work. I believe I'm winning. Losing weight slow but steady is healthier and usually longer lasting. I prefer to look at it as a lifestyle change. I've lost 5" around me belly and about 15 lbs. how am I doing it? I changed my eating habits. I cut out beer, soda, and a lot but not all carbs. I don't eat or drink anything with high fructose corn syrup, and I eat every 2 hours. Nothing big, but it boosts the metabolism. I drink infused water and I juice in place of some meals. 2 weeks ago I started to add yoga, and that has helped my bad back a lot!  

Offline gsarfin

• Posting Member
Oh, my meals typically consist of juice or hard boiled egg, sometimes turkey bacon too for breakfast, pasta made from veggies with shrimp or chicken or some lean protein with brown rice and quinoa and some veggies for lunch, then a hard boiled egg or juice or canned seafood like sardines, tuna, salmon, squid, fish steaks... I try to avoid the ones in oil, but from time to time I'll eat them, then dinner is whatever healthy my wife makes, no carbs with dinner unless it's a small portion of healthy complex carbs, then I'll eat a fruit or veggie, or a small portion of leftover dinner. No carbs other than small serving of complex carbs for about 4-5 hours before you go to bed. Yes, if you're hungry you can eat right before bed if it's veggies or protium. You will wake up hungry, drink 2 glasses of water when you wake up before eating breakfast. It's been working slow but steady, I don't count carbs or calories, I just watch portions and eat every 2 hours. 

hammer

Sounds good, congrats on the weight and inches around the waist loss! I've done well on the low carb as well as far as the weight, I have no idea as far as the inches around the middle as I wear sweat pants all the time and just keep making them tighter! I have lose 20 plus pounds this last time on this life style, and over 30 a few years ago and have kept most off.

I have problems hitting times that I stop losing weight and just get at a stalemate. My problem is I can't add exercise to to program being disabled and unable to walk very far, and depend on a wheelchair.

You have any ideas?

Offline mattyy

• Posting Member
You're most likely holding onto water weight. Look up the "whoosh effect". I've lost over 100lbs from my heaviest and there were times when I'd plateau for two or three weeks and suddenly lose 6lbs overnight. 

There are any number of reasons why your body is holding onto excess water - everything from the amount of sodium in your diet, the amount of carbs you're eating or drinking alcohol. 

I've been through what you're all going through, albeit at a younger age, but I feel I have a decent grasp of what's needed for healthy, sustainable weight loss. Feel free to ask anything. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024