Author Topic: Severe gyne - perspectives needed  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Dunbar88

Hello,

Finding this forum has been a godsend. I am 33 years old and have been living with gyne for my entire adult life. As you can see from the attached photos, I have a rather severe case (at least compared to some of the photos I have seen on here). I have finally decided to do something about it and have a surgery done. I had a few questions that I hope people here could enlighten me on. Any and all perspectives will be appreciated - thank you so much!

• Do I need to lose weight and become fitter/more toned before surgery for it to be successful? One consultant I spoke with told me it would not make a difference and I could have it right away.
  • For someone of my age (33) and severity, is it likely that there will be sagging post-surgery? I have read that for cases with my severity, it is likely I will need some sort of revision. Just want to be mentally prepared.
  • Is it too optimistic if I expect a 'flat' chest after my surgery? That is what the surgeon thought he could achieve but I wonder if that is too optimistic.

Offline TigerPaws

Loosing excess weight is always a worthy goal, just do not expect to see dramatic changes as it related to your breasts. More than likely if you take your BMI down to high single digit numbers then you could perceive a change.

You might not like that change, more than likely you will simply be in better health and your breasts would be more noticeable on a fit and trim frame.
How you proceed is your choice.

rrr

Is it too optimistic if I expect a 'flat' chest after my surgery? That is what the surgeon thought he could achieve but I wonder if that is too optimistic.[/list]
    I'm sure you will be able to end up with a flat chest - for sure after a revision if needed.
    However, (and an issue for me) is the matter of scar tissue. I'm just not sure being flat is worth looking like I've had major surgery.
    As TigerPaws said, the choices are yours and yours alone.
    Bummed

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024