Author Topic: *PRE AND POST OP PHOTOS AVAILABLE* KARIDIS SURGERY SEPT 2016  (Read 11154 times)

neverlookback

Hi, fellow sufferers, I've had this condition since my early teens. Same old story as many people who have shared on here. Constant issues finding clothes that conceal the gyno, looking down constantly to see how my chest looks, 'really' bad anxiety as a factor of the condition. Ridiculed by so called mates when I was younger on lads holidays...  Tried to reach out for help when I was younger but ignored and had it brushed off by family/doctors(GP) as not an issue and that my chest looks fine. Now not going to tell anyone about the surgery as a consequence of this...I actually booked surgery 2 years ago to have laser lipo with The Private Clinic, i backed out last minute as i was on this forum and realised that my chest could  look even worse after it as it wouldnt of removed the gland. So, anyone out there who is considering just lipo who has real gyno with glandular tissue, dont do it!!!! I don't feel sorry for myself as I know people deal with worst shit in the world, I'm lucky I can get it sorted. So I'm sorting it. Few days time i will be a new me and I am very much looking forward to it. I'm going to Thailand in December which is one of my favourite places in the world to celebrate my new life. When I met Karidis, he was so cool, calm and collected, he made me feel comfortable, it just felt right to take the next step. So I  a few days time I'll update you guys of how I get on...ill post the photos to show you pre and post op. I would like to say thanks to MarkHalb and Sawyer as there posts have really helped me take that leap. Feel free to ask me anything related :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:23:39 PM by neverlookback »

Pedro84

Best thing you've ever done! 
I had the exact same thing with the private clinic - i didnt book though - just went for a consultation and then came on here. 
Best of luck mate 

neverlookback

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
good luck buddy! I've been thinking about booking my consultation with the karidis team all this week! I actually did phone today at 5.25 but they had already put their voicemail on! I'm determined to do it tomorrow though! Even booking the consultation is a huge step for me! :)

Anyway keep us updated! When is your surgery?

neverlookback

Thanks mate :) surgery is Thursday, I'm very excited but also slightly nervous...just can't wait for it to be over now!!! I'll keep you updated of how I get on...

neverlookback

I'll post photos as well

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Sounds good! Be sure to get a pic of the food! What time do you have on Thursday?

neverlookback

In my room now waiting to be called in for the anaesthetic. I'm strangely calm, i guess I just really want it done!!!

neverlookback

Willb, I'm taking photos of the whole experience, will try and upload tomorrow mate!

Pedro84

Willb, I'm taking photos of the whole experience, will try and upload tomorrow mate!

You must just be coming out of surgery as i type this message. You will be hungry as hell and literally wolf down the food they bring! 

Once you take that vest off for the first time i can honestly say it is the most liberating feeling ever! All doubts you had about doing it will immediately vanish and you'll soon be euphoric. 

I am now one month in and today is my last day of wearing the vest. Everything has completely healed and there is no evidence i had anything done at all. 

My chest is still a bit swollen and i have mad scar tissue (which kinda makes it look like pre op again) but i have noticed that massaging helps and its slowly reducing. Doesnt help that i havent been gym in a month and have been eating like an animal. Were it not for this forum i would be absolutely bricking it. HOWEVER - and it is absolutely key to remember this - it is a 6-9 month healing process. If i've learned anything from this forum its that the day one is the best but misleading (you can still enjoy it though!!) then once the scar tissue kicks in you start panicking BUT IT WILL GET BETTER - its not a 1-2 month solution - it takes time. Any doubters just look at KSS24's post (he is now some 2-3 years post op). 

It is the best thing i have ever done and it will be for you too.

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
I'm 100% doing this so excited to hear your experience! I booked in for my consultation on Tuesday !!

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Did you make it to the other side?

neverlookback

Hi Guys, I'm back!!!! I'm chilling on my bed with a big grin on my face, pain free...got some codeine and paracetamol to take but I don't actually need it at the momenr which I'm actually shocked about considering what I've just had done. Karidis is like an artist, the way he sketched on my body prior to surgery showed me someone who takes pride in their work. Was in the room with me for 2 mins, did the sketch, I'm going to make you flat and pecs look defined. Had my anesthetic, the guy was a like a traditional English gent who did it haha, bang out, had the best dreams...woke up in recovery room by a really sweet nurse...one dude across the the room who i think may of been having the same op shouted over are you ok mate, I said yeah man no worries, the nurse said apparently I woke up going darn darn darn haha, I was just disorientated. Little bit sore but a blister I got in Thailand last year hurt more, crazy ey!!! Pain about 6/10...I told the nurse 8 so I could get more morphine, such a fiend hahah! So rolled to my room...took about six 20 mins naps...had blood pressure taken loads...only a tiny bit sore when I move...nothing to cry about at all. Requested lunch and

neverlookback

a feast...really good! I'll show you photos tomorrow Will, Mark I got the french fries on the side mate, think you said that you were gutted you didn't get them or was it Sawyer, anyway ...after lunch had a million more naps until the nurses came in at 6pm...

neverlookback

Removed my padding and the results are mind blowing, it's look better than expected, I understand it will be a roller coaster but as Mark said it's so liberating. I've never felt so comfortable ever in my life with two women looking at my chest whilst sat down...I asked them if I could look in the mirror and I did...being complemented ridiculously...expected but I've been traning hard recently... ;) right, looked in the mirror, best feeling ever, my heart rate shout through the roof, the nurse took my heart rate, she said you can now leave for another hour as you're too excited...so we took a walk through the corridors. If any of you out there are unhappy about this condition, don't darn around and just do it!!!! It's really fucking worth it guys!!! Willb, keep us updated, I'm more than happy to support you through it man!! It really helped me having a support network online as I haven't told anyone!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024