Author Topic: Surgery with karidis done on November 2017, pre and post op pictures available  (Read 8747 times)

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Hi guys I am posting to see if anyone can give me some feedback on <a class="underlinelink" href="https://www.gynecomastia.org/doctors/alexkaridis/profile"><a class="underlinelink" href="https://www.gynecomastia.org/doctors/alexkaridis/profile">Dr. Karidis[/url][/url], I am 99% positive that I will be booking surgery with him for next month but just wanted to know of any advantages or disadvantages of him and his practice that you may believe.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:50:36 AM by pharmacy2012 »

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Do you had your consultation with him?

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Hi cristalis 
Yes I had my consultantation with him yesterday he now charges £200 for it which is pricey but I am finally mentally ready to go ahead with surgery so want to go with the best, for me his experience alone in doing so many of these surgeries has made me choose him. 
Have u had the surgery done?

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Hello Pharmacy

No i didnt had it done, im the guy who posted in the other thread where you also asked about Karidis and where i mentioned about users that dont know they can get notified by e-mail when a new post is made on a thread.

Can i ask you a few questions please? How you felt about the consultation with Dr K? Did you had the sentiment of him rushing the consultation? 
Does he listen to your needs and expectations?
In how much time after the consultation you can go for the surgery? Can you opt to do it in a few days or you must wait in line for a longer period of time? Im asking this because like i said im from eastern Europe so its not so easy to come and go and all of the traveling there would equal more expanses.
Are you from London?
How much is the total fee of the surgery(without the blood work)?

Thank you so much for your time!

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Hi mate the consultation was only about 20minutes with karidis but I didnt have many questiions wrote down I feel as if i have already done alot of my research online.

the consultation fee is now £200,
Dr. Karidis fee is £4030, hospital is £1483 a total of £5,513
the bloods cost £252 from karidis hospital so I will get them done in the next few days somewhere local to me.
I have not booked but thinking of booking next month some time. booking time all depends on how busy they are at the present time of year.

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Thanks for the reply and the prices. I seen some pictures of users who had gyno surgery with him and i seen that the incision under the areola is smaller than other doctors make.
Ussualy i see the incisions made half the areola, his are like half of that half.
Does he reminded something about this or his technique? 

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
I believe alot if surgeons probably use a similar technique of a cut under the areola lower area of nipples to take out the glans and two other cuts near armpits to do liposuction.

I am going to book the surgery however I am still very nervous about the surgery and it would be great if other people that have had this surgery could give me any words of wisdom.

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
So by now I think you've seen all the advantages. These are the only disadvantages I can think of.

1. Cost

It's very expensive I paid £5,513 for surgery and £150 for consultation, but you get what you pay for in the quality of surgery. 

2. The amount of time he gives you is minimal. 

I had no issues with my surgery so I guess this may not be a fair judgment as maybe he gives you more attention only if you need it. But don't expect to see him after surgery on the day he operates on you, well you will see him once before surgery and no more until your 6 week follow up, and even that will not last long (unless you have complications). For some people this feels very impersonal as you have paid so much for this, but I guess it's just not necessary. 

I think he has just done so many (well over 1500 gyno procedures) that it's become so routine for him. In the 6 week follow up I think it lasted about 2 minutes or even less. He runs through the essentials and then tries to get you out. When you're trying to explain something to him he just nods his head and says "yeah, yeah, yeah.." as if he wants you to hurry up and finish. For him it's all routine but for each individual patient it's a huge once in a lifetime event. 

But this is a reflection of his popularity as a surgeon, he is a very busy man and runs a very tight ship, even with about 10 support staff in his business. But where it matters he gives the very best you can get... and that's on the operating table. I don't think he rushes that like he does the consultations.  

There are Drs that will give you far more time (hour long consultations) because they don't have many people come to them, but they don't have the level of experience he does.

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Lifes to short I really appreciate that response.
I am now booked in for surgery on 14/11/17 with Dr. Karidis.
I am very nervous about the whole thing.
I am going on my own to London I will stay the night before surgery in a hotel and the night of surgery I will also stay in the hotel on my own. From experience do u feel as if I should be able to manage on my own movement wise and eating etc? I intend to travel back home the day after surgery on train which is 3.5hours journey.

Also have u got any pre and post op pictures of yourself?

Have u got any other recommendations about the whole procedure that u feel is important?
My main goal is to try my upmost to ensure the best possible results so anything I should do pre operationi.e. get in slim physical shape or anything I can do post op i.e. don't stretch too much or taken certain tabs etc etc?

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Life's too short I have read alot about scar tissue issues is this that much of a problem? I understand it can be case dependent...

Offline Life's too short

• Bronze Member
Lifes to short I really appreciate that response.
I am now booked in for surgery on 14/11/17 with <a class="underlinelink" href="https://www.gynecomastia.org/doctors/alexkaridis/profile">Dr. Karidis[/url].
I am very nervous about the whole thing.
I am going on my own to London I will stay the night before surgery in a hotel and the night of surgery I will also stay in the hotel on my own. From experience do u feel as if I should be able to manage on my own movement wise and eating etc? I intend to travel back home the day after surgery on train which is 3.5hours journey.

Also have u got any pre and post op pictures of yourself?

Have u got any other recommendations about the whole procedure that u feel is important?
My main goal is to try my upmost to ensure the best possible results so anything I should do pre operationi.e. get in slim physical shape or anything I can do post op i.e. don't stretch too much or taken certain tabs etc etc?

There are pictures today on the other post in UK.

Probably better to be with somebody for the first 24 hours like they say, it might be ok. I had no reaction at all to the anaesthesia, once I woke up. I was able to go home and was normal. 

Wear easy to put on clothes, ie. tracksuit bottoms and an open shit because your range of motion in the arms will be severely restricted. Also wear easy to put on shoes. The hospital wifi didn't work for me so don't bother with a laptop it's only extra weight. There is a TV and you will have your phone to play with. 

Eat well after for the first month with lots of high protein food (post surgery protein is crucial for the body to repair) along with fruit and vegetables and good foods. 

Depending on how much pain you are in (I wasn't in any as I was numb), you may want to keep the compression vest on for the first few days because you may not be able to put it back on by yourself. Depends how painful it is.

That's all I can think of. 

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Cheers for the reply once again, tbh I would like someone to be there with me but it's just too difficult to tell someone about this so I am going to have to the operation alone, it's alittle reassuring that you have gone it alone and was fine to do things yourself straight after.

Obviously I know this maybe different for each person but hopefully o don't react to badly to the anesthesia also.
Anyone else out there that can also give me some words of wisdom all the advice I can get can only help I guess

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Life's too short I seen your pictures in the other post I know it will be difficult for you to always come back on this website as it would be a waste of time as your on the other side but I really appreciate your responses so far and wilould also appreciate it if you give a picture on the site every so often to show us how your recovery is going and any advice for me in the recovery period.

Thanks in advance!!!

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
I was super nervous surgery day... they do say if your really really nervous they can give you something to help but I didn't have that!

Looking back on it and even straight after the op... I really enjoyed the day! The food is great and you can just chill in your room for the whole day! There was no pain straight after... but I would say I was sore the day after so getting around was a bit difficult but nothing to worry about!

Offline pharmacy2012

• Posting Member
Cheers for that information mate I have seen ur results and they look amazing.
I am having my surgery on 14/11/17. I have just very small amount of hair on chest and around nipples which I have never shaven or waxed do u think it should be ok to keep it as it is for the surgery? Karidis said don't shave of u don't want to it should be fine for him.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024