Author Topic: Help scared after surgery  (Read 3471 times)

Offline carpy1234

• Posting Member
Hi I'm currently bmi priory hospital Birmingham had the surgery done in the morning today with one night stay.everything went well untill I came back from the cutting table. Under my compression vest are some tubes that Help cool down the swelling (see attachment) but they get feed through a machine which needs extension tubes so I need 2 but bmi ran out now only got 1 so they constantly opening my compression garments up to move from one chest to another every hour  which is constant rubbing against my wounds  also each nurse putting my vest back on differently some doing it tight others loose one even left it around my stomach. With what's happen will that have any effect of the result of my surgery. Was close to death due to incompetence nurses Which could of been avoid.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:17:56 PM by carpy1234 »

Offline Driver217

• Posting Member
which surgeon was this done by?

Offline carpy1234

• Posting Member
Dr vik vijh, so far Everything looking good. Didn't have issue with dr vijh just the hospital nurses and the hospital. Been realased today but majority of them nurses shouldn't be working there at all. They haven't got a clue what they doing them selfs. Pretty much didn't care untill I told them I'm a paying customer not goner stand for this. That's when they decided to ring dr vihj at 10pm and tell him what's going on. They then took a tubing of another patient to give to me. Speaking to dr vik vihj before discharge he mentioned it's the first time it's happened but it's booked a meeting with bmi specificly to discuss what's happen. if they had the tubing I guess I wouldn't have to dealt with half the stuff all they had to do was hook the tubes up to the machine and that was it. Reading the hospital online reviews I guess I ain't alone bad care service there was another person having there's done yestday I wonder how they got on.

Offline Driver217

• Posting Member
i am looking at having it done in birmingham, but your incident has me a little wary. i hope it goes well for you from here onwards.

how much did it cost for Dr Vik Vijh?

Offline carpy1234

• Posting Member
Thanks I hope so but so far all good. I think you should be okay.Mines probably one off ,few reviews on here saying it was great service. Dr vik vijh him self said it's first time it's happens he will have words with the bosses .I had mild gyneacomastia but to me they looked huge. Consolation is 150 in Birmingham just berief talk with him. tells you what he recommends and procedures. I got quote of 4450 at the consultation fix price but later got a invoice from the hospital saying 4631 week before my surgery so I ended up paying it as I just wanted it done and dusted.if you reply to the hospital invoice letter early then you can apply for finance which they don't tell you about. but I got my letter late then didn't look into paying untill my pre assessment which was day before my surgery. I wish I had the surgery done earlier. Let me know if you need any more info

Offline Bob11

Hi mate, it was me who was in the same day as you, hows your recovery going??

Offline witsend

I had my done at the same place, i'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Mine was great, i'm now 1 month post op and it feels great to have a flat chest again.

Offline carpy1234

• Posting Member
Hi mate, it was me who was in the same day as you, hows your recovery going??

Hi bob11 didn't think you be on the forum lol, recovery going well so far so good since I changed in to the stage 2 compression vest it's been more comfortable. How did your surgery go? How's your recovery? Was anything mention to you about the tape around the nipple or have you still left it on as I wasn't told anything about it as I didn't notice it untill I came home but kept it on still.

Offline carpy1234

• Posting Member
I had my done at the same place, i'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Mine was great, i'm now 1 month post op and it feels great to have a flat chest again.
can't wait to hit that one month to get that compression vest off. I'm goner wear a t-shirt all throught winter to make up lost time  lol did you remove the tape around your nipples or did they just come off on there own nothing was mentioned to me about the tape so i kept it on still. I was goner contact dr vik about it 2 Moro.

Offline Bob11

Same here mate so far so good, wish I had two weeks off work and not just one been a bit of a drag in work this week. Otherwise happy with how it looks so far. Nothing said about the tape, still got it on. The surgery was all ok, was a pain leaving the next day had to wait over two hours after Mr Vijh checked me to get my meds and get discharged. One of the nurses said in the morning you had a tough time of it. The food there was the best bit for me. I’ve never stayed in any hospital before so it was new experience and I thought it was all ok, my misses wasn’t impressed though, she’s had cosmetic surgery done at hospital group and didn’t think much of what she was seeing at BMI. But my decision was based on Mr Vijh rather than the hospital same as most people who go with him.

Offline carpy1234

• Posting Member
Hi bob good to hear, I would definitely recommend 2 weeks. I spoke to Julie at his office today his away but she emailed him and he replied saying it's okay to take the tape of. I would recommend taking it off in the shower as it just peels off with out any pain after testing on one nipple lol it hurts when done dry.I only had one issue but that turned in to a few cause some of the nurses didn't have a clue. Basically after surgery I came back to my room with them cooling pad on my chest but they only had one tube to feed the water to one pad so they just kept taking my vest off every hour to move it around which was painful but as the nurses just didn't have a clue every nurse kept putting it back wrong to a point one put it on my stomach lol then at one point I struggled to breath and I demanded to see dr vihj but they didn't want to call him then another nurse came in to find that the temperature was put up so high and the vest was on so tight which was why I was struggling to breath but if they had 2 tubes all this would of been avoided. food definitely was good only reason il go back lol. I did check out the reviews online before I went there was fair few negative review which I encountered lol probably jinxs my self but like you said went with dr vihj review and his work. Just counting down the days now to wear a t-shirt with no care in the world lol.

Offline witsend

I didn't have any tape around the nipples, the only incisions where around my armpits.

Offline Johnnyessex

• Posting Member
Hello lads, I’ve just been reading through your posts. I’ve got my surgery booked in a few days with Dr. Vijh, I was wondering how things are with you guys now as it must be a good few weeks post op? Have you healed well? Glad you had it done?

Offline Bob11

Hello lads, I’ve just been reading through your posts. I’ve got my surgery booked in a few days with Dr. Vijh, I was wondering how things are with you guys now as it must be a good few weeks post op? Have you healed well? Glad you had it done?

Hi Johnny, yea It’s been 7 weeks now since I had it done, yea definitely glad I had it done. Still numb and a little tender just around the nipple area. Still tight pulling feeling when stretching or reaching for anything, so don’t feel confident to start back weight training for chest, shoulders or back, I’ll prob wait a few more weeks. Other than that all good. For me it was a good time of year to have it done as I had winter clothes on to hide the compression top. Just rest up mate take it easy for a couple of weeks, eat healthy and drink gallons of water.

Offline Johnnyessex

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply, I’m 4 days post op now. From what I can see I think he has done a good job. Have you guys got any pre/post op pics?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024