Author Topic: Dr. Meagher -NHS OP-  (Read 2559 times)

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
After all these months and so many hospital visits I have reiceved my letter of confirmation from the above surgeon but I'm not to sure about him he seemed to say alot of "im not to sures".

When I asked him questions and insisted that I didn't need liposuction and he just needed to cut away the xtra skin! It was like he was trying to really put me of telling me about the "terrible" scarring and the keliods that i might get because Im black

I went to my GP and he said he couldn't refer me to another ps on the nhs because Meagher is the ps in the catchment area  .so Ive got the letter to send back to Meagher and i dont know what to do should I send it or ring up and say I dont want the surgery???????

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
hi mate,

what catchment area does this dr meager practice in?, or what hospital deos he practice at?, if you know these details go and do a search in google and see if you can dig up any information about him!, i know you may only find a little information, but if you keep digging he may be a ps that lends himself to the NHS.... and you might be able to find that he practices privatley aswell, from there you can check out his work at the private hospital and see how good he is.

you've got to be like some sort of detective, i know that the NHS does have doctors from private hospitals because my dad went in to NHS with a bad Heart and when he went private he saw the same doctor!, im not saying this is the case in every situatuation but it cant hurt to do a bit of digging to see if hes capable of  doing a good job!.

good luck.

chris.

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Meagher, Peter J (Mr) MB BCh BAD FRCSI FRCS(Plast)

Private Clinic
Address: New Victoria Hospital
184 Coombe Lane West
Town: Kingston upon Thames
County: Surrey
Postcode: KT2 7EG
Phone No. (1): 020 8401 3885
Fax: 020 8401 3884
Email: meagher@plasdticsurgery.co.uk

NHS Clinic
Address: St George`s Hospital
Tooting
County: London
Postcode: SW17 0QT
Phone No. (1): 020 8725 1134

Other Clinics
Shirley Oaks Hospital, Croydon;
St Anthony`s Hospital, North Cheam;
Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon

Comments
Special interests include reconstructive and aesthetic surgery of the breast and microsurgical reconstructions

<< Back

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
contents of his website:

Mr Peter J Meagher MSc FRCSI FRCS (Plast) Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

I studied medicine at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and qualified in 1989. I did my initial surgical training in vascular surgery, orthopaedic surgery and colorectal surgery in Dublin before deciding to specialize in plastic surgery. I qualified as a General Surgeon in 1993 and was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FRCSI).

I then commenced a six year plastic surgery training programme, the first year of which was spent at St James' Hospital in Dublin and Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin, Ireland. The remaining five years of my plastic surgery training were spent in the United Kingdom where I worked at Guy's and St Thomas's Hospital, University College Hospital (UCH), the Middlesex Hospital, Queen Mary's University Hospital, Roehampton, and St George's Hospital in Tooting where I completed my training in 1999. Having completed the appropriate examinations I was awarded my Certificate of Completion of Surgical Training (CCST) in September 1999 and received a Fellowship Plastic Surgery Division of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS Plast).

My specializing interest is reconstructive breast surgery and I subsequently spent two years at the Bernard O'Brien Institute of Microsurgery in Melbourne training in this prior to be appointed as a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at St George's Hospital, London. This is the largest NHS hospital in the UK and is closely linked to St George's Hospital Medical School where I am Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Department of Surgery.

I am heavily committed to the teaching and training of junior doctors and nurses who have an interest in plastic surgery. In addition to being a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons I am also an associate member of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons (BAPS), the British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH), the Australian Hand Surgery Society (AHSS) as well as being a full member of the Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons (IAPS), the Irish Medical Organisation (IMO) the British Medical Association (BMA) and the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM), London.

I have full registration with the General Medical Council (UK) and the Medical Council (IRL).

My private practice interests include all aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery, in particular surgery of the breast, skin and hand surgery. For details of my private practice please contact my Practice Manager on 020 8657 9967.

he sounds very expierenced!. so all you got to do is have a route around and try to find testimonials of people he has treated, to see how he performed on them and to see if they were satisfied with his work.

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
he sounds very expierenced!

He sure does. The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland is one of the oldest and most presigious schools of surgery in the world.

He's got more qualifications than the average PS and his commitment to teaching is also admirable.

And with a surname like Meagher, he has to be Irish!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024