Author Topic: Last goodbyes to these boobies  (Read 5865 times)

Offline bef

• Posting Member
Didn't really want to start a diary but reading everyone else's has given me some reassurance, so the least I can do is give back.

Writing this two days before surgery with Dr. F. I'm supposed to call in tomorrow and get all the surgery details.

I could not be more stoked about this.

Went for my last workout tonight and said my final goodbyes to these man-lumps that have been tormenting me all these years. Boobs, you will not be missed. I'm 27, for the record and I weigh 240lbs. Overweight, I know, but getting surgery will motivate me to get out more, workout and swim. I can lose the flab around my stomach easy enough - I've done it before.

I've taken a couple of days off from work and nobody knows what I'm getting done. I've been telling people I'm getting surgery and thankfully, people have been perceptive enough not to pry. If they ask, I'll say I have a growth on my chest that needs removing - not far from the truth.

I've read many posts saying that they will only apply local anesthetic and I will be awake through the procedure. This terrifies me. Hopefully the tugging sensation of a pair of surgical tweezers pulling out flesh from my chest will be enough to knock me out cold.

I'll stay focused on the after-effects of surgery to keep me going. I'm most excited about being able to wear normal clothes now. Sweaters and t-shirts were verbotten all these years. I need to plan on spending some money on some threads once I recover completely.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 05:30:30 PM by bef »

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
i was OUT COLD!
it's great.
the worst part is the 15 seconds before they put you to sleep, there are so many people in the room and it's a little chaotic.
Good Luck.

Offline shiver

• Posting Member
i wouldn't say it would be that hectic. i was out cold too and there were 2 nurses, the knockout dr. and the ps but since i was unconscious so quickly..it didn't seem to matter. your situation would be different, however. let us know how it goes. good luck. i had my surgery 3 weeks ago (oct 17) and i'd say that i was good to go (meaning i could go to work/public and feel no pain) the following weekend. i also had lipo around by stomach and flanks so my surgery was more extensive and i'd say that i felt 100% after just 2 weeks. My chest recovered the quickest.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
i was OUT COLD!

Good Luck.

Ditto....  

John

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline bef

• Posting Member
Above posts make me happy. So night before the big surgery. Called in this afternoon to get the times and stuff. I need to get to the hospital at 7:00am.

I'm running around frantically trying to find a camera to take a picture of these things before I lose them forever tomorrow. Can't help but feel a sense of loss.

Offline bef

• Posting Member
Just got back from surgery. Apparently I'm a flailer and didn't let the doctors handle me once I came to. Presurgery was chaotic as hell like you guys said.. at one point I had 5 people surrounding me.

All in all, the surgery went really well and I'm feeling ok except for the sore throat and slight discomfort of the padding and tensor band. Having delicious swiss chalet garden burger now, then I'll take a percocet then sleep till Lost comes on tonight.

It's still too early to tell if I'm happy with the results. Can't wait till next wednesday when I remove the tensor and padding.

Offline rancho

• Posting Member
darn, i told you it was chaotic....
it was like ER in there for a minute.
Good luck....

Offline bef

• Posting Member
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 05:30:41 PM by bef »

Offline bef

• Posting Member
This wrapping is seriously starting to irritate. I wish I could rip it off and scratch my chest. I'm trying to be a little mellow with the painkillers but it sucks waking up in pain at 4 in the morning. I'm going to starting popping pills every 4 hours as instructed instead of doing my own thing today.

Offline bef

• Posting Member
I removed my padding and tensor bandage two days earlier than I was supposed to last night. The results are better than I could ever hope for. The first thing I did was wear tight fitting tshirt and damn, did it look good.

I have to go back to work this morning. Kind of hope nobody notices, but in a way, I hope they do.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 05:31:05 PM by bef »

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
  • Daddy has nubbies just like mommy!
Bef,

Congradulations, i am sure it was exciting to wear that shirt.

Question for you, how much did your areolas reduce in size?
Did you have them surgicly reduced?

Thanks.
Suffered For 20 years, 36 years old
Had 1st Surgery October 2005
Had Revision August 18, 2006
Looking Good So Far

Offline bef

• Posting Member

Question for you, how much did your areolas reduce in size?
Did you have them surgicly reduced?

Doesn't look like they reduced in size.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 05:30:55 PM by bef »

Offline bef

• Posting Member
Wow, I've been very busy and stuff after the surgery.. didn't get time to post. My recovery is going excellent. There is slight tightness and swelling but I'm already 100% satisfied. Even if it stays this way, it won't be so bad. I'm wearing

I have my first dr's appt tomorrow. Two weeks after the surgery. Abnormally long if you ask me. I thought post surgery appointments are supposed to be after a week. There haven't been any issues though so I guess it's ok.

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
glad to hear things are going well bef.

Offline PakXoxer

well bef plz tell me what surgery procedure was done with you the liposuction or make the cut through the aeriola.? i have not yet decided which surgery procedure is better. i talked to 2 docs and both have differenct opinions for procedure.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024