Author Topic: Referred to as she and ma'am.  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
This sort of fits in the exposure section.

Several years ago I had to go to the ER. I fell at work and broke two ribs.  Of course during the evaluation, I had to pull my shirt up.  Because of the temp in the ER my nipples were erect.  The doctor and nurse said nothing about my boobs.  In the report at check out, I was referred as she.

Last weekend I had to go to the ER because my blood pressure spiked into the crisis level two nights in a row.  I had on a thin tee-shirt and a thin tee-shirt hoodie.  My pokies were visible during the visit. He ended up increasing my blood pressure medication. Again in the discharge report I was referred to as she. 

I work in a warm climate and wear moisture wicking thin pull overs. I have been called ma’am on several occasions.  Also, I have been called ma’am on the phone many times.

One time my supervisor made a indirect comment about my shirts and pokies.  Told him this is what happens when you get old and have to take medications.  Nothing else said.

Just ignore the situations / comments and move on.  A bra is not an option for me at this time. 

Sir and Ma'am are a souther thing beat into us as kids.

aboywithgirls

In another post I  had mentioned going for my first fitting with my mother. I had a unisex name before I changed it to Sophie. I was referred to as she/her. Neither my mother or myself corrected my fitter. TBH, as you could imagine I  liked my assumed pronouns 😁😘

❤️Sophie ❤️

Offline Johndoe1

I recently had to have a sonogram on my heart and a male nurse/tech performed the procedure and to my surprise and relief the nurse doing the procedure kept my chest covered the entire time. I actually appreciated the recognition of my modesty. I had another instance where I was on a treadmill with heart probes and one wasn't working correctly and a female nurse asked if she could adjust the probe. I agreed. She put her hand up my shirt and instead of grabbing the probe, she got a handful of boob. She quickly realized there was substantial mammary tissue and moved her hand to the proper position and leaned over and said "I am sorry.  Didn't mean to feel you up."  I laughed and she put me at ease. I have come to appreciate the medical professionals treating my chest as they would any woman's chest. It greatly reduces embarrassment all around. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline taxmapper

So I have posted a similar thread on this very aspect a while back. 

Its kinda funny when you do get the "ma'am" thing, but in a wierd way I am starting to enjoy it. 

I am just taking all of it with ease and comfort now.   personally I dont think most folks even care. 

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
I’m not masculine looking all. Very late bloomer, didn’t have to shave until my thirties. And so on. During the pandemic I let my hair grow out. Have only had one haircut since. A trim and to shape it. I normally just put it up in a high pony tail. I have been called ma’am a few times. Some ask me what pronoun I go by. Now with my hormonal imbalance my look has really softened and of course boobs. Butt and thighs have gained weight. So it is what it is. I’m getting used to the fact that at times people don’t really know what I am. A few stares here and there. Reminds me of the bob seger song turn the page. The verse, the same old cliches is that a woman or a man. So even the hippies of past got it sometimes 🤣🤣

Brdy64

It was a nice warm day in the mid 80's here in Texas. I decided to go next door for supper instead of cooking so I rolled over there in my white polo shirt and white shorts. My bra was very visible through the thin material. 
I usually wear a hat, but decided against it today because it was warm outside. My fairly long in the back  "Mullet" haircut was blowing in the breeze. 
Most of the employees there know me by now, but I caught a new employee today to take my order. "Can I help you ma'am?" Was the first thing out of his mouth. I would have just went with it, but another employee interrupted him by saying, "no, he is a he".
The poor kid was embarrassed to death and couldn't apologize enough. It didn't bother me in the least. 

Offline taxmapper

Well it finally happened: 

Walking through a shopping mall, the stereotypical situation where a small girl holding mom's hand looked at me and put out a loud... "look mommy he has bumps..."

The mom looked at me and smirked with a look like... 

he he he now you have em! 

Brdy64

Walking through a shopping mall, the stereotypical situation where a small girl holding mom's hand looked at me and put out a loud... "look mommy he has bumps..."

Little kids are known for not keeping their thoughts to themselves. 😉

Offline Johndoe1

I have had that happen but most times I usually get an accepting smile or head nod. I have also had women physically grab at my breasts as well to see if they are real. One with long nails one time grabbed on and I couldn't easily get away. Boy did those nails hurt.  Left a mark too. I was much younger then. 

Brdy64

I have had that happen but most times I usually get an accepting smile or head nod. I have also had women physically grab at my breasts as well to see if they are real. One with long nails one time grabbed on and I couldn't easily get away. Boy did those nails hurt.  Left a mark too. I was much younger then.
🤣 One CNA that works for the center pokes me in the boob every time she sees me. 
She will say: "You aren't supposed to have those".

Another neighbor of mine reached over commenting about my "nice bib overalls" when I was still wearing them. She grabbed the material in her fingers but squished back on my boob at the same time. She just smiled kind of knowingly, but didn't say anything about it. 

Brdy64

Thai food place.....

"can I help you ma'am?"

I guess with D cups I'm just going to have to get used to it 🤣🤣🤣

I just went with it!

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
you have to get used to that. I have had it twice and I am sure there are others that have heard it a lot more
 you did the right thing go with the flow and ignore it both time the guy retracted his mamto sir. didnt aplogize  but what ever and that day iwasnt even wearing bra and was in man dudes

Brdy64

you have to get used to that. I have had it twice and I am sure there are others that have heard it a lot more
 you did the right thing go with the flow and ignore it both time the guy retracted his mamto sir. didnt aplogize  but what ever and that day iwasnt even wearing bra and was in man dudes
It is happening several times a week now. 🙄
But I also make no attempt at hiding my breasts anymore. 🤔

Kazmage

I have never had this happen to me 
Not sure what I would say or do 

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
No chance for me, since I keep them concealed under layers of clothing when out.  I would be mortified, if that every happened.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024