Author Topic: Chicagoland Area???  (Read 3092 times)

Offline djillusive

• Posting Member
Anyone here know of any Chicago Surgeons?

Offline encore

• Posting Member
  • woot
Dr Melton was very good and was out of Oakbrook...he charged $3500, i had my operation done last year and just had a touch up (which was free) done last week...he does tons of these every year...let me know if you have any questions.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I have a consult set with Dr. Melton, but he says he doesn't do the glandular excise surgery, just lipo.  Did you only have fatty tissue, or did you have glandular tissue? Is that why you had to have a touch up? I would hate to have to do this twice if I don't have to.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 10:21:58 AM by jones357 »

Offline bkman

• Posting Member
I have to agree with 'nothingworse'. I had my surgery with Dr. Pensler 10 days ago, and am happy so far. I thought he was very thorough and personable, and he has a good staff working for him. Any questions, please let me know.

Offline djillusive

• Posting Member
how do i know if I need glandular excise surgery or just lipo??

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
I have to agree with 'nothingworse'. I had my surgery with Dr. Pensler 10 days ago, and am happy so far. I thought he was very thorough and personable, and he has a good staff working for him. Any questions, please let me know.

Can you give more details on the cost and how the procedure was performed?  Thanks.

Offline bkman

• Posting Member
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I know how it is to have to wait for answers.

The cost of the first consultation was $125, but it's put toward your surgery, if you choose that route. He sits down with you for about 1 hour, takes pictures, discusses the procedure and shows you pre-op and post-op pictures from other surgeries. He doctors (excuse the pun) your photos to give you an idea of what your post-op will look like. It's not the most high-tech computer-imaging (kind of like a poor man's Photo-Shop), but, in my case, gave me realistic expectations. Answered all my questions.

From there, the cost is $4,805. That is for excision and lipo. It covers anesthesia, two compression vests, surgery and post-op visits. Ten percent appointment fee, with the remaining balance due the day of surgery. It was same-day surgery that was performed at his office. You can have it at the hospital across the street, but you'll pay facility charges (he indicated to me that it could raise the price by as much as 20 percent).

I hope this helps, but if you need any other info, let me know.    

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
Thanks.  Also, did you have excision and what type of lipo did he use?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024