Author Topic: Dr. Robert A. Young in Chesterfield, MO???  (Read 3193 times)

Offline aeroumr

• Posting Member
Does anybody have any experience with this doctor?  I'm thinking about shelling out $60 for a consultation visit to him, but thought I would check here to see if anybody has an opinion of him.

Offline Midwestdude

• Posting Member
He performed a nipple reduction for me on Tuesday of this week (three days ago).  There's still a bit of swelling from the procedure but at first glance, things seem much better.

How would you describe your condition?

Offline aeroumr

• Posting Member
I have a mild to medium case of gyno.  I will have to have glands and fat removed.  I emailed Dr. Young about the price and procedure and he said that the operation was $2800 plus anethesia and recuperation time.  This is cheaper than most doctors that I have found in the St. Louis area, but I'm kind of afraid to go for the cheapest for obvious reasons.  

I'm still shopping around.  Thanks for the reply, I'll take that into consideration.

Offline Midwestdude

• Posting Member
Aeroumr,
I'd ask him if he has some before & after pictures that he can share with you.  In reading the boards and exchanging emails with a few other St. Louis docs, I saw the average price around $4,500 to $5,000.

MY understanding is that Dr. Young does a lot of breast reconstructive surgery.  You'll need to ask about his experience (and photos if possible) dealing specifically with gyne.

In my case, he didn't have any photos as my procedure (a male nipple reduction) is somewhat rare compared to regular gyne surgery.  So far I'm very pleased what he did for me.

Please keep me posted how your consultation goes.  Having just used his services, I'm genuinely interested.

On a side note, what is your height & weight and also, have you posted any photos to this site?

Offline aeroumr

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advice.  I'll tell you how the consultation goes.  

I'm 5'9", 205 lbs.  I'm not really overweight, as I have been lifting weights for 11 years...almost daily.  I haven't posted photos to this site yet, but I will in the next few days when I get my hands on a digital camera.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024