Author Topic: Questions about op ??  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Sporty

• Posting Member
Hey,

I was wondering how long after having the op (say with Levick) should one wait before going back playing a sport like rugby ???

Also I wanted to fly from Birmingham back home to Dublin after the op. Will this affect my recovery or harm my chest in any way??

Cheers

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Hey Sporty

I was told not to fly as this could affect bleeding. For a sport like rugby i would say a month at the very very minimum
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Sporty

• Posting Member
Yeah i was thinking of staying in Birmingham for about 3 days after the op (mainly beacause i will be travelling over on my own). By this stage I would have taught a lot of the bleeding would have stopped and I would be able to fly back alone ??????

How long after the op would you reckon it would be safe to fly??

Cheers RRB

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help

How long after the op would you reckon it would be safe to fly??

To be honest i have no idea, thats something you would do well to ask at a consultation. I asked about flying home and was told not too, however i didnt ask how long after the op could i fly.

One thing though, your going to be pretty tender so if you go through the metal detector at the airport your gonna get frisked.  Your gonna have to explain to the person you just had an op before they frisk you.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024