Author Topic: is it normal  (Read 2935 times)

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
im 10 days post op ,alls well just one consern,when the insisions are there seams to bea hard lump near the armpit is normal and just part of the healing prosess

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello markus28

I asked the very same question a few weeks ago after my op.  It's a hard lump, like a large marble, just below each incision.  I'd say it's a trademark of Mr L's for all his patients ;D

Two months post op, the lump on each side has gone down by about 95% - all part of the waiting game.

*hmm, I bet you have spent the last few days 'catching' yourself in every mirror and darkened window, just to see how you look ;D*

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
spot on mate
feel realy good just want to be able to do some cardio work cross trainer ect to lose a few pounds round the gut,did those lumps go when you started the massage

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
You can massage just as soon as you feel comfortable to do so.  These lumps will go down of their own accord, but massaging the area will help.

There is nothing to stop you doing some power-walking if you feel up to it.  I was doing around 3 to 5km/day on a 5% incline on the treadmill within the first week.  Keep your heart-rate in the fat-burning zone, watch what you eat and when and watch those love-handles melt away.

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
hi phamtom
could you explain about the heart rate thing im 28 about 13 half stone 5.8 high i have a eliptical cross trainer at home that measures heart rate what do i need to do to make sure im doing things right do i need less resistance and more speed in order to keep the heart rate up ,also is it ok to do sit ups now

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
I think stonecold would be your best bet to to the maths interms of your age/weight etc.

But roughly speaking, around 30 mins CV work per day is good.

Keep your heartrate around 140-150 bpm.  Around three times during the workout period, 'peak' your heart rate by going really hard (after much warming up) to get your heart rate around 180bpm for at least 30 seconds.  This effect helps keep your body burning fat for the next 24 hours.

As mentioned before, the book Body for Life by Bill Phillips has an excellent and easy to follow workout plan.  Look it up on Amazon.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024