Author Topic: when can i take the bandages under my armpits off?  (Read 3837 times)

Offline assy70_30

• Posting Member
hi had the surgery done on friday with levick, went really good didnt feel alot of pain, just a bit wen he took the drains out but its all good! i was just wondering if anybody knows wen i can take the bandages that are under my armpits off as they really itch and hurt! i know you have to take the vest bandage thing off after a week! will post ppics of pre op and pos op in abit! ;D

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
some just fall off,i took mine off the same day as the bandages after a good soak in the bath

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello assy

Congrats on the surgery.  One fell off within a couple of days with me, so I just pulled the other off (ouch!)

It's funny how some people 'suddenly' appear once they've had the surgery.  How long you been watching the forum and why did you choose Mr Levick (who I used) if you don't mind me asking?

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
i took my plasters off under my arms at 4 days after the op, and then the actual bandages on day 8. I was stunned when pulling the ones underneath the arms off at how small the scars were. Dont think it matters so much when they come off so long as theyve stopped bleeding. Just mkae sure you keep the main bandage n until Mr Levick adviced you to remove it. Also read up on removing the main bandage, as it left me with tears in my skin.

Offline assy70_30

• Posting Member
thanks guys, ive been reading these forums for a long time now nearly a year, levick sounded the best for me and he was in birmingham wich was close he was realy good he removed 300 and 350cc of fat i think! cant remember wot else he was saying cuz i was still high from the anesthetic lol! cant wait to remove the actual vest on saturday!!! 8)

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Just for clarity...

You are wearing bandages at the moment and due to take them off this weekend?

After that you will begin to wear the compression vest 24/7 for three weeks and then night time only for a further two weeks?

Offline assy70_30

• Posting Member

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Phew!  For a moment there I thought you'd ethier taken your bandages off all ready (hmmm, it REALLY hurts ;) only kidding) and was only going to wear your vest for a week :o!

Offline radio-boy

• Posting Member
My surgeon said that a compression vest probably wont be necessary.

Should i be concerned?  :-/

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
My surgeon said that a compression vest probably wont be necessary.

Should i be concerned?  :-/

I've responded to your question on the thread where you have put pics matey.  But in a word, no.  Your surgeon knows what is best for you.

Offline assy70_30

• Posting Member
Stonecold said:  "Just mkae sure you keep the main bandage n until Mr Levick adviced you to remove it. Also read up on removing the main bandage, as it left me with tears in my skin".

Where do i read up on how to take the bandage off?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024