Author Topic: Shape of chest post surgery - help  (Read 4079 times)

Offline blondlad

• Posting Member
Had my op with Levick on Friday apart from the freaky hallucinations as I came round from the anaesthetic all went well. At home now recovering and am starting to worry that I have no chest left at all!!!!!!. I will have a better idea on Thursday when I take the bandages off.  Anyone on here had the same experience and does it come back quickly. I’ve gone from a 43” down to 39”. Levick told me that there was not much fat to remove but over 100ml of gland from each side.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Just start pumping heavy weights mate  ;D Thats what ill be doing.

Ohh and well done on the surgery, i was in on thursday
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 04:30:15 AM by RRB »
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Blond Lad,

I was a bit worried about just how flat my chest was.  I have been so used to having bumps there and now there is nothing.  What suprised me most is that even though I had done some work on my chest when at the gym it does not look toned like a body builder / athlete.  It just looks plain and normal.

Levicks technique involves removing All gland and Fat form the chest area and just leaves muscle.  So if your chest is flat mate its means you need to get down the gym and pump iron for a more defined chishel look.  

I myself am quite happy with the look of my chest under a white t-shirt now.  I am still a bit paranoid that the bumps will grow back though and I have to keep feeling them to make sure that it is still flat.  Two weeks post op and I am still smiling

Chorlton

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
*random post just before Levick consultation*

Can't.. wait.. to.. get.. this.. sorted..

Sorry, carry on.
etc.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Hey, no need to worry guys, Chest post op with Levick does look rediculously flat! I thought I had been butchered! But it all recovers nicely and now I have a nicely shaped chest! Never really hit the weights post op either! I think its 50% perception and 50% chest recovery.

Ian

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Good points Ian.

That's put my mind to rest anyway!

I was a bit worried about my torso as a whole looking disproportionate, as I've got a bit of a belly and I just thought I might look a bit odd with a gut and a skinny chest!

But I think the best way is to get into the gym whenever you can, as many have said. My main aim post-op is to get rid of the belly, and build up my chest in the gym.

I'm really looking at it all in one. I know I won't look 'perfect' just after the op, or maybe even weeks after the op, but by having the op and THEN building back some proper shape with weights I should eventually look about right.

I'm looking 9-12 months down the line; when I should hopefully have reached this goal.

Cheers.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
AJP

Ive got a bit of a gut too, i tell you though its more pronounced when you look down at it and dont see twin peaks first.  When i was travelling home on friday i was looking down at my gut  thinking that cant all be mine.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
If you've worked out with weights pre-op, I assume that your chest should be that much easier to build back up.......I cant wait till Im in the position of doing some serious weight training and CV work......at the mment Im just waiting for the op, only 3 weeks to go...so Im taking it easy on the training front for the time being...

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
I've been doing alot of bench pressing over the last few weeks, but I've stopped now until I'm ready to get into the gym. As Yorkshireman says, it should be a bit easier to get back into it now I've started to get the muscles working. As soon as I feel fit, I'll be in that gym working off the flab and building up the pecs like a man possessed! Shouldn't take too long to lose the old spare tyre.

As long as I'm looking good for the summer, that's fine by me.

Cheers.

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
u guys should be lucky its flat.  what happens after a period of time, lets say around 8 weeks onwards, the chest size to rebuild itself, and a little bit of size does come back on, so the flatter it is now the better it will look later.
I WOULD BE WORRIED if it didnt look flat now, cos if it looked a bit bulky that means it will prob get bigger later on.

oNCE yr appetite and hunger comes back, the vest comes off, yr body will regain shape.   dnt worry :)
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024