Author Topic: Dr. Placik w/general  (Read 2401 times)

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Dr. Placik w/general
I just went to see Dr. Plasik in Chicago? Has anyone used him? He is listed on this site, so I thought I would check him out.  He does the operation under general, but also uses the Trumelesent (sp?) method.  He thinks having a calmer patient would make things easier.  I have heard people say the recovery is worse with general. Why?  Also, he said something about a Vasser machine.  Do you know what that is?

Offline david_in_chicago

• Posting Member
Re: Dr. Placik w/general
I had a consult with him, but ended up booking my surgery with Dr. Pensler.  Dr. Placik seemed OK, but a bit distracted and I didn't feel like he was listening to my questions or concerns.  Also, I was not thrilled about the idea of general anesthetic.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I had a consult with him, but ended up booking my surgery with Dr. Pensler.  Dr. Placik seemed OK, but a bit distracted and I didn't feel like he was listening to my questions or concerns.  Also, I was not thrilled about the idea of general anesthetic.

Dr. Pensler was booked, so I went to Plasik.  I have so so results so far.  I probably should have waited.  Plasik was also a fortune and had hidden costs. How did you results turn out with Penslir?

Offline david_in_chicago

• Posting Member
I don't have my surgery until 10/20.  Placik was fine, I just didn't feel as comfortable with him as I did with Penslar.  Dr. Penslar seemed to understand the emotional aspect of gynecomastia whereas Dr. Placik just kind of seemed distracted.  I'm sure I caught him at a weird time maybe?  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024