Author Topic: Compress vest and pre-surgery questions  (Read 2783 times)

Offline UKChap

• Bronze Member
Hi,

I should be having surgery in the next month or so.  Could someone give me a heads up on the questions I have:

1) Can you get compression vests in the UK?
2) What's sleeping like with a compression vest on, post surgery?

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Offline downloaderuk

• Posting Member
Hi,

I got my vest from www.esshop.co.uk - its called an "adjustable compression vest" and is around £60 including VAT and postage. They havea  size chart on the website, which can help you get the size you need. A problem I had was that I was a "medium" before surgery, but a "small" afterwards, so I had to get 2 vests.

I had my surgery 15 days ago and I still have to sleep on my back. Before surgery I used to sleep on my sides, but I would always be moving around until I fell asleep. Even in my sleep I would be moving. I now cannot move around before sleeping, which means it takes longer for me to get to sleep. Also I don't move around in my sleep, but I don't know if this is a bad thing.

Also I am currently sleeping with a few pillows so that the upper part of my body is elavated slightly. This was on the recommendation of a friend who has had the surgery a few months back.

Hope this helps.

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
sleeping on my back for 4 weeks made my back ache like mad. >:(

Offline Almeda24

• Posting Member
Do you really have to wear the vest for 4 weeks? How are you supposed to go to work with that on?

Offline downloaderuk

• Posting Member
Do you really have to wear the vest for 4 weeks? How are you supposed to go to work with that on?

I was told to wear the vest for "atleast 6 week", but it would be better to wear it for longer. I think I will wear mine for 6 weeks and then switch to under armour for a few more weeks.

Its not that bad wearing the vest under your clothes, although it does show under tight fitting shirts. After a couple of days you don't really notice it. You will have no problems working with the vest, unless you work as a life guard!  ;)

Offline Niall1982

Hi UKChap,

At the moment I'm working on a new ITV 1 discussion programme that will air daily in an afternoon slot from mid November.

The show will offer a platform to real everyday people to tell their story with the intention that we provoke some thought amongst our audience.

One of the issues we'd like to focus on in the programme is that of the condition Gynecomastia.  We'd like to make a wider audience aware of the huge effect it has on the sufferer’s life.

Should you be interested in discussing the programme further I'd really appreciate the opportunity to have a chat.

Many Thanks

Niall Flanagan
Brighter Pictures Ltd
niall@brighter.co.uk
020 7533 6642

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024