Author Topic: advice on seeing doctor (new better pictures)  (Read 3505 times)

scott076q

I wondered if anyone has any advice on seeing a doctor, I'm 23 years old and have suffered with this since the age of about 12.

I have been called names, laughed at, embarrassed you name it.

I am absolutley sick of just looking at it every day, the sad thing is I do push ups and check it when I go on a diet and it still does not go away which makes me give up my diet.

I'm quite fat compared to what I have been in the past.

I have recently moved to a new town so I dont know the doctor (have not been yet) and I was wondering if it is even worth going. I dont have the £4000 to spend neither can I get a loan.

A lot of what I have read on here is exactly the same as me, I cant wear clothes I like take off my top on holiday all the usual and I have read on here of people 30+ having the surgery and regretting not getting it sorted sooner. It ahs inspired me to do something about it.

Here is a picture:

It makes a change letting people actually look as Im normally trying to do the opposite.

Ideally I want this surgery on the nhs.

If I have to go abroad is this the place to go?

http://www.knakiewicz.wroc.pl/klinika/clinic.htm

just I read a few bits but it was hard to put the link to the place.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 03:04:04 AM by scott076q »

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
Well from the front pic it just looks like your over weight, maybe its cause you have ur arms in that position. Side shots are much better to see the problem.

I dont think the NHS would cover cosmetic surgery, I might be wrong though.

You could go to a country where its cheaper.

scott076q

Posted some better pictures, after reading the poland thread I have decided it best not to mess about with the NHS.

I have recently stopped smoking and started running and playing football again, I will be losing some weight while I save about £1500 then I will contact the clinic in Poland.

I feel better now because at least I have a goal and a partial light toward the end of the tunnel.

Any advice or comments will till be welcome.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Only three people can decide if you can go the NHS route.  First person is YOU.  Why not print off your first post to this topic with the pics included and take them along to your GP (the second person who can help decide if surgery might be indicated).  Explain how this condition has impacted your life (psychologically) and get his or her opinion.  If your GP is sympathetic, you may get a referral to an endocrinologist just to make sure all your hormones are in check.  Following that you may get a referral to a surgeon - the third person to decide if you would benefit from surgery.

Offline Almeda24

• Posting Member

Posted some better pictures, after reading the poland thread I have decided it best not to mess about with the NHS.

Why whats wrong with the nhs route? I have an appointment with a surgeon coming up and intend to go that way.

Offline irish_dude

• Silver Member
  • Op performed with Mr.Levick, 19/8/2005
Well from the front pic it just looks like your over weight,

Far from over weight, the guy looks like a whippet.

This looks like a total glandular case to me, the giveaway being the 'pointedness' of the chest.

Offline red

• Posting Member
I think what phantom means is the problem with the NHS is its very difficult to convince them to allow you to get it done. Due to it being what amounts to a cosmetic problem. I think it just depends on your doctor and location.
My Endocrinologist said he would refer me to a surgeon, but i think im going to choose private because you have more control over what gets done and by who. Nice to know i have the option though.

About going to the doctor, I say just go, see what he says and decide from there. You may find the NHS route is available and then you have the choice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 10:36:35 AM by red »

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
I agree with Irish. I think its glandular. If you go to Poland mate read the Poland thread and make sure that you get excision. A few people have come back from Poland gutted because they only got lipo and it didnt cure it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 07:41:04 AM by stonecold »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024