Author Topic: NHS treatment  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
  • NHS Gyne' surgery done 7/9/05
    • My pre op' pictures
Hi all.

I've got my appointment through to see an NHS 'breast surgeon' on April 8th so I can hopefully get these things removed. I've read a lot of bad press on this site about the results of others who've had surgery on the NHS, but does anybody have anything good to say about them?

Surely they can't be that bad? I will take some of your advice though and ask if a plastic surgeon can perfom the op....

To be quite honest,  I don't care if my nipples end up over on my back following surgey, as long as they can remove these god forsaken confidence killers.

Thanks.

Offline Percy

• Posting Member
I had my op last Tuesday on the NHS, and so far no complaints.  It was less than 4 months from first appointment with GP to op, and whilst the first operation was cancelled, I was offered another a week later.  Still very swollen and bruised so can't tell how good results will be, but have only two small cuts under the arms, and an odd shaved patch on my leg!  I was out of hospital the same day, and so far would not knock the NHS, but I know when offered similar operation in my teens they wanted to make cuts all over the place.  That was a few years ago, so I guess the NHS are a bit more educated now.  

Offline Daytona_Dude

• Posting Member
  • NHS Gyne' surgery done 7/9/05
    • My pre op' pictures
Good to hear that your op went well Percy. I know that if I could afford to go private then I probably would, but as I said in my first post, any result that the NHS can give me is guaranteed to look far better then my Gyne does right now. I can live with a few scars here and there, but a flabby chest I can't live with any longer.

You didn't have to wait too long for your op either! that 's great news. I might be able to get these things removed by the end of summer and actually get to wear a t-shirt without needing my compression vest!

Let me know later, how you're doing with the recovery.
Good luck.

Offline Percy

• Posting Member
I agree I wasn't worried about the odd scar, my hairy chest will cover that, and felt anything would at least be an improvement.  I checked yesterday and the cuts are so small its difficult to find them.  So long as both breasts end up similar sizes, no matter how much reduced then I will be happy with the NHS.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024