Author Topic: 19 Year Olds Diary ...  (Read 5359 times)

GynO_DuDe

Firstly, big thank you to this website for giving me the balls to go to my GP. (I had originally started a diary in the UK section, but I think it's more appropriate to start a fresh one in this section!)

Any way, it all began a month ago, I realised due to my Gyne I was missing out on so much! I was scared of taking my top off, going swimming, basically avoiding anything where I my gyne would show! This included missing out days on goin clubbin with my mates as I couldnt just throw on a t-shirt or shirt as the gyne would show through it!

Any way, I went to my GP, and was shocked at how serious he was about it. He said 'son' it's not a problem, i'll refer you to a expert at your local hospital and indeed he did, within a month I went and saw my surgeon! (which was infact on the 23rd October - YESTERDAY) btw, this is with the NHS no private surgeon or anything.

I was worried about seeing my surgeon as I dont know him as well as my GP ... any way, I walked in their, he had a nurse as well with him, I thought f*ck it, nothing to be embarassed about, thats why their here to sort this problem out for me! Then I just thought of people with much worser problems then having gyne (lol, even though gyne is probably right up their with the worst of the worst!) Any way, he told me, what was going on, asked if my breasts hurt etc, I said no, I feel completely normal with them, no pain what so ever, I can lift, I can bench 100kg at the gym ... basically everything. Then he said thats fine, Im going to ask you to take your top off and laydown with your arms above your head and im gonna have a feel around, I thought ok, cool lets do it, after he done that, he said, surgery is the procedure for removing this I told him I know as I done my research on this illness and knowing their was thousands of others with this problem it gave me the balls to come to you in the first place. He said thats very good! He then told me that the surgery will consist of me being a sleep and then they'll make a small incision on my nipple and take out as much of the gland as they can on both breasts and then he said theirs obviously going to be risks of infection and fluid building up (basically things I already knew from reading other people's diaries) so I was like yeah thats fine, so whens the operation, he told me that he'll put me on the waiting list and it shouldnt be very long ... I just thought as long as it's done by February next year before my 20th birthday i'd be happy.

So now ... im just waiting for the surgery date lads.

WISH ME THE BEST OF LUCK AS IM ALREADY TERRIFIED AS IVE NEVER HAD A OPERATION BEFORE :(

P.S. I will post pre-op and post-op pictures once it's all done and complete and keep everyone updated!

GynO_DuDe

I forgot to add! ...

I did ask questions for reassurance. The main one being if he performed this surgery on any men before ...

He replied with yes, loads! which bought so much relief.

I advise any one to ask this, if he's never done it I would be concerned!

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
i hope it turns out good for u, i remember how scared i was about the result when i had my 2 surgerys, but the result was great and i know it will be fantastic for u to

i wish u the best and keep us posted on the result

Good Luck     Wolfman
i finally feel like im a man

GynO_DuDe

Well unfortunately I still haven't had my operation ... in April, I wrote a letter to the Consultant Dr Ravichandran asking him when they intended to perform the operation on me and just today I received a letter saying sorry for the late reply my waiting list is usually very short but I have been trying to search up your file and it seems that the doctor you saw didnt note down that you needed surgery so in other words I went to the consultation for absolutely no reason ... they didnt write down anything.

Now Dr.Ravichandrans saying that looking at my case, I need to be recommended to a Plastic Surgeon so hes arranging me to go see Mr Cucchiara in the near future which probably means another six months just for a consultation ...

P!ssed off doesn't sum it up. So far im not happy with the NHS and it doesnt look like this will be my year where i'll have this nightmare sorted.

Offline KeepFighting

• Posting Member
Its a long time to wait...especially at 19. But try to use this time to focus on other things you can improve in your life. Hope to hear how your coping.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024