Author Topic: Follow-up surgery for puffy nipples  (Read 4531 times)

Offline cabtex

I went in for a post-op visit with my plastic surgeon and mentioned to him while my chest looks good, my left nipple is still as puffy.  This shows up particularly when I exercise.  He said he wanted to give it about 2 months and then he could remove some more tissue under local in his office.  Seems a little scary.  He is supposed to be an excellent surgeon.  Anyone had any experience with that?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 07:12:18 AM by cabtex »

DrBermant

I went in for a post-op visit with my plastic surgeon and mentioned to him while my chest looks good, my left nipple is still as puffy.  This shows up particularly when I exercise.  He said he wanted to give it about 2 months and then he could remove some more tissue under local in his office.  Seems a little scary.  He is supposed to be an excellent surgeon.  Anyone had any experience with that?

Timing for surgery depends on many factors.  Tissue needs to soften before most types of revision surgery.  

I have performed many revision gynecomastia operations and have much experience in secondary surgery.  Revision surgery sometimes involves compromizes, realistic expectations are essential.

The need for Revision Gynecomastia Surgery varies depending on the problem to be treated, surgical technique(s), skill of the surgeon, and other factors.  I know of only a very few patients of mine who had revision surgery - the number is about one percent (and that includes patients I have not done but found out about).  

There can be many elements involved in revision gynecomastia surgery.  Deformities can include the access scar(s), remaining gland and scar after liposuction alone, and adhesion deformities.

Some crater deformities can be so extensive that there is not enough tissue left for revision.

Such questions are better explored during a consultation after an evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 08:00:25 AM by DrBermant »

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member

Offline nonini

• Silver Member

How long ago did u have the surgery? It could just be swelling.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024