Author Topic: Surgury In the UK  (Read 4435 times)

Offline yorkshirelad_1979

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone
 God i cant believe how many pages are new since the last time i logged on back in July.  
 Anyway last time i was on here i was thinking about going to Poland to have my surgury, well i finally got seen through work at an NHS hospital yesterday (13th Nov 2006 around 1300Hrs)  At the minute ive got a really tight plaster/bandage around it so i havent seen anything yet but i have to go back to a dressings clinic on Monday when ill see the results for the first time.  I had a word with the Sergeon and he said everything went well. (although NHS is cheap, FREE, i did have to wait since Feburary to be seen!!!!)
 HOWEVER!  I dont know if you notice that im writing this at 0410am.  Man, what a bitch to try and get comfy in bed.  The wife even left me in my own massive king size bed alone, could i hell sleep. Ive got a ton of pain killers so that could be why im pain free, nearly.
 So i thought id get up and post on here.  Ive got some before pics somewhere on my computer so when i find them i will get a post together in the pics section with before and after shots.
 Anyway goodluck to everyone whos on here and ill look forward to posting regularly and helping any way i can
TAKE CARE FELLAS
Who Trains............WINS

Offline DJB

• Posting Member
Congratulations on getting the op done bro.  I am going in this coming saturday for surgery on the NHS.  Keep us all posted on your results and I will too.

• Posting Member
Good Luck Buddy.
 I was a bit nervous before going in but i took my wife with me.  She was allowed to stay with me right up to the point of going in to be put to sleep and she was there as soon as i came out.  Plus all the nurses were friendly and made it a pleasent trip. I was in a little discomfort on wakening up but the pain killers sorted that out in about 10 minutes.
 Also i thought to myself i wonder what it is like to start to be put to sleep, then my arse started itching and i thought i better scatch this before i drift, all of a sudden i was waking up.  Its weird.
 I storngly reccommend you take in your own slippers and dressing gown, i had to borrow theres are you look STUPID!!!!
Keep us posted

PS  Which hospital are you going in?

Offline DJB

• Posting Member
I'll definately be bringing my own stuff lol.  I will be having it done at the Broomfields Hospital in Chelmsford.

Offline xoron

Another one here going in for gyne op on the NHS - This friday for me! starting to get a little nervous but can't wait to be gyne free! James Cook Middlesbrough for me.

Offline DJB

• Posting Member
HEYYYYY how did you get booked in a day before me?!!  >:(  ;D

• Posting Member
Another one here going in for gyne op on the NHS - This friday for me! starting to get a little nervous but can't wait to be gyne free! James Cook Middlesbrough for me.

Hey fellas good to see you all finally getting done.  
 Theres nothing to be nervous about but i know what you mean.  I was bricking myself.
 Im still in a little discomfort and i feel really tired but im quite excited about seeing the results which will be on monday at 10am, so ill post hopefully some before and after pics then.
 Good Luck GUYS

Offline xoron

Hey fellas good to see you all finally getting done.  
 Theres nothing to be nervous about but i know what you mean.  I was bricking myself.
 Im still in a little discomfort and i feel really tired but im quite excited about seeing the results which will be on monday at 10am, so ill post hopefully some before and after pics then.
 Good Luck GUYS

Some before and after pics would be great!

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
nice one yorkshire lad :)
and good luck to you two DJB & xoron :)
heres to a moobless end to 2006 :)
dont be scared it really doesnt hurt :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

• Posting Member
1 week post OP

Well i went for my dressing off yesterday, i think i was more nervous about seeing the results for the first time than i was the actual operation.  Anyway as the nurse took the dressings off i dare'd to look down.  I couldn't believe the result. I felt like crying.  I sat up and ever since i was about 16 ive looked down and seen this 2 big blobs attached to my chest, now for the first time its FLAT.  I couldn,t believe the results.  There is hardly any swelling and the scars have almost gone too.  It obviously looks weird to me as ive always had a flabby chest but to everyone else it looks normal, except the bruses.
 Ive still got to where this corset type thing for 4 weeks but i can also wear a compression vest, its up to me.  As soon as i figure out how to send pics on here ill post after op pics, i cant seem to find any before but ill look through other people and try and post you a link to a thread whos pics are the closest match to what i had.   If anyone has any question about this proceedure then feel from to post here, ill try and answer all.
 Also anyone who has an idiots guide to how to do photos then that would be must appriciated.
Hope this info helps.

• Posting Member
I have found the before pics so if anyone could help me get them on here, that would be great.
thanks

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024