Author Topic: Need an Opinion..  (Read 7121 times)

Offline DK1220

• Posting Member
I posted some pics on here a few months back, and I have been working out steadily for about a year now.

I still don't feel extremely comfortable about my chest.  I feel like my nipples are still a little  too puffy.  

Previous history was a signifigant weight loss in highschool.  I've always had a larger chest.  Not necessarily breasts...

Is there anyway for me to get my nipples to go down?  I am only 19, so maybe this has something to do with it.  Maybe a little bit of extra skin or  hidden fat?  

Thanks for any help..

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
In those photos your chest doesn't look so bad, but your head looks really strange.   ;D

Sorry, I coudn't resist that.  Seriously though, I can see what you're talking about with the nipples.  It looks like a classic case of excessive gland behind them pushing them out.  There may be a little extra fat in there but not much if any.  I would suggest that you see an endocrynologist to make sure your hormones are right.  A hormone imbalance can cause the condition and it would be useful to know if any imbalance is still present.  Ultimately, plastic surgery can get rid of the puffy nips.  That surgery should include gland excision, which would remove the gland responsible for those puffed out nipples.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline DK1220

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply.  I thought about it maybe being hormones or something of the sort, but I kindda shrugged it off because of the body hair..  I do have hair on my chest. (It is just light like that above my navel)

If I pinch them or something and they harden up...they look relatively normal..

I guess maybe I'll have it checked out by a Dr.  

If it was a hormone imbalance, would drugs be able to fix my nips?  lol

Most people tell me that I look fine and they can't tell the difference.  However, I know that they are different from others, and that is kind of what bothers me.

Thanks for any additional replies also.. ;)

Offline DK1220

• Posting Member
Ohh, also, on a scale of 1-10

How bad would you say my case is?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 06:45:32 PM by DK1220 »

Offline DK1220

• Posting Member
Sorry, I know I've posted alot lately...but I noticed on different boards that gynecomastia is recognized by hard disks that form under the nipples...

Now the spot under my nipple isn't hard, but relatively soft.  The chest itself is hard, because I work out.

Is it possible that this hormonal imbalance may be just because my hormones haven't settled yet?

Offline jimmz

• Posting Member
DK1220, at only 19 your hormones could still settle to make it go away.  I was still getting lots of pimples at 22 so hormones can take a while to settle.  You appear to have a low body fat % which possibly makes the gyno appear worse, my chest carries a bit more fat than yours which does hide it to some extent but as I am dropping fat I think my "lumps" will be more visible.

Offline Mr_Nip

Is it possible that you just have slightly bigger than average nipples? Nipples, like noses and ears, come in all shapes and sizes. I don't see that your nipples are unusual looking at all. The only persons who see your nipples as sexual objects are those who are interested in them sexually. Normal persons do not think of male nipples as sex objects.

What would look bad on you would be to have your nipples scarred by surgery. How would you explain the scars? Wouldn't the scars draw much more attention to your chest than if you just left it alone?

Rob900, with all due respect, your reply is missing the point.  DK1220 is troubled by what are obviously protruded and puffy nipples.  He has tried to deal with it by working out and to no avail.  Nobody said anything about sex until you brought it up.  If surgery has helped so many men feel better about themselves and it doesn't negatively affect you, then why would you try to talk someone out of doing it?  As for the scars, they are minimal and fade to where you have to look for them to find them in most cases.  Just look at the after pics people have posted.  It's about looking normal and not feeling like people are looking at your nipples rather than your face.  I'm the poster boy for big nip surgery, so don't argue that point with me.   Keep in mind that I'm not trying to talk anybody into surgery if they don't want it.  It's important, though, that men with gyne understand their options.     ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 01:35:27 AM by Mr_Nip »

Offline Mr_Nip

Sorry, I know I've posted alot lately...but I noticed on different boards that gynecomastia is recognized by hard disks that form under the nipples...

Now the spot under my nipple isn't hard, but relatively soft.  The chest itself is hard, because I work out.

Is it possible that this hormonal imbalance may be just because my hormones haven't settled yet?

Yes, it is possible that the hormones haven't settled yet, which is why an endocrynologist is a good idea.  That being said, if you have had the condition for 2 or more years then it will probably require surgery to get rid of.  I have yet to see a post on these boards by someone who said their gynecomastia went away after they've had it for a couple of years.  The problem is that if you have surgery and still have a hormone imbalance then the condition could return later.  

As for hard or soft, the gland can take on any form or degree of hardness.  By the way, what you said about pinching the nipple and looking more normal for a little while is characteristic of excessive gland.  When the areola is stimulated it contracts, pulling tight and holding back the gland.  When the areola relaxes it allows the gland to puff it out again.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 01:21:37 AM by Mr_Nip »

Offline DK1220

• Posting Member
Wow this is alot of good info.  Thanks guys!

I have read just about every article I could find on this subject.  I can deal with the buggas for now.  People just automatically think I work out because I have a slightly larger chest than most guys.  8)

I was wondering if there was a cream or oral medication that could target this gland?  I heard that putting preparation H on the nipple would cause it to harden over an extended period of time.  I don't know..

I am gonna schedule a Dr. appointment today to check out the hormonal end of it.  If it continues to get worse I'll look into surgery.  I just don't want to have the saggy man breasts later on.    :-[

Kuddos to you all.
Y'all are Great
God Bless

*Continue to keep posting please, I love to hear opinions*
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 05:40:19 AM by DK1220 »

Offline Mr_Nip

I heard that putting preparation H on the nipple would cause it to harden over an extended period of time.  I don't know..

I read an article a couple of months ago about the makers of Preparation H putting out a bulletin warning people not to use it for cosmetic purposes.  I'm not sure what the reason was, though.  Be careful to not get scammed by the diet aid companies who say their products cure gyne.  They don't work.  

Offline Hypo-is-here

My money would be on very minor glandular gynecomastia behind the nipples as a result of a temporary pubertal imbalance.

I say this because the amount of tissue appears to be minimal but protuding, that low body fat means pseudo gynecomastia is most unlikely and in fact that doesn't tend to occur in this manner.  I would say it is likely for the imbalance to have been caused by something temporary in nature because you have good musculature, lean muscle mass/low body fat, normal secondary body hair and you have not reported any ill health.

You could see an endocrinologist, but with such a very minor looking case and such strong pointers suggesting no problem at all, I would have thought you are one of the few cases where a straight PS consultation and op might be appropriate- I'm not sure I have ever said that before.

You would need glandular excision via the areola if you were going to get an operation.  That said you may not want to do that, it depends how much it bothers you and how much you can live with it.

All this is laymans information and you may wish to consult an endocrinologist and obtain their opinion.

P.S

Have you ever watched the film "The Ring".  I would be worried if I were you  :D

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 10:55:23 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline DK1220

• Posting Member
Thanks Hypo, and like I said..

I workout because I used to be a fat kid.  I know how it feels to be over weight, and consequently changed eating and workout habits to dominate this food addiction.  

Now that the body fat is melting off and muscle is moving in I am starting to critique myself.  My chest has always been one of my bigger concerns.  When you said that this may have been a short pubertal imbalance- is there any way that the problem may fade, or is it one of those "If you have it you got it" sort of things?

I hear about bodybuilders using drugs to fight off mild cases of gyne, and I was going to ask my doctor about it on Tuesday.  

I just hate to get this far down my path of success to meet the dead end of surgery.. :P

Offline Hypo-is-here

I think what you have to ask yourself is;

Is the pursuit of the perfect image as debilitating in its own way as being the fat kid?

I would guess not.

BUT...

Although I am sure you feel much better, I do think it is an issue and also stems from self and peer pressure about the view of oneself.

I think training and the pursuit of perfection is often a cause of problems, certainly it is evidenced on these boards.

I don't doubt you do have a small amount of gynecomastia behind the nipples, it is not in your mind.

You may wish to have surgery on that, or you may not.  Either way I would urge you not to ever indulge in steroids otherwsie you will most likely end up with gynecomastia irrespective of PCT due to your propensity to develop it and I would say that you shouldn't touch any PCT meds with a barge pole as I know the problems that self medication causes.  

Sure ask an endocrinologists about it if you wish, but I still say surgery is the best bet.

If anyone tells you different from what I have said tell them to come and talk to me here on this site and you can sit and watch the logic unfold and see who has the better most logical arguments and your best interests at heart.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 02:53:53 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline DK1220

• Posting Member
Ahh,  thanks for the concern hypo..

I think what I've got is a psychological battle with myself.  lol ...Is this case of gyne really bad compared to others?

I think I could live with it, as long as it doesn't get worse.. If it got worse, I might be forced to look into some type of surgery.  You said you thought this may have been sparked by a imbalance during puberty...does that mean that it could be done with its madness?

Thanks Again  ;)

Offline Mr_Nip

If anyone tells you different from what I have said tell them to come and talk to me here on this site and you can sit and watch the logic unfold and see who has the better most logical arguments and your best interests at heart.

After reading hundreds of Hypo's posts, I totally agree with that statement.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024