Author Topic: got to do it all again  (Read 2935 times)

Offline oxman2k

• Posting Member
was going to have op thursday, arrived early paid and shown to room.felt ok got to room which was ok but boiling hot turned heating off opened window put fan on.nurse came in to measure blood pressure and temperture.blood pressure fine but she said that my tempreture was high 37.7 she took it again to check same 37.7 asked if i felt ill i didn't just thought it was because the room was hot and i was nervous she said another nurse would come and take tempreture again in 15min to see if any change.so 15 min late another nurse takes tempreture 37.1 fine takes it again 37.1 temp ok should be able to have op.Levick and anaesthetic pop in say they are ready to do op but concerned about my tempreture so ask the first nurse who took it to do it again so she does 37.4 then does it again 37.5.levick and anaesthetic tell me that i might have a virus or someting and to risky to do op i agree with them better safe then sorry.so will phone up this week to book another op,have bought thermometer to check temp which is fine now could be worth people getting one and checking temp before they leave for op as i felt fine and didn't know i had a temp.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Good advise oxman.  It is something I would not even have thought of.  Good to know Levick and team are looking out for the patients.

Sorry to hear you have to reshedule but the end is nigh.  Hang in there mate.  It will soon be all over.

Chorlton

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
I seem to remember having all my vitals taken about once an hour when I was in there. They come in with this big trolly and connect you up!

Ian

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Damn thats a real shame mate, must be so frustrating....but on the bright side its better to be safe than sorry!

Offline oxman2k

• Posting Member
back in for op this friday hope it goes ok this time.

]was going to have op thursday, arrived early paid and shown to room.felt ok got to room which was ok but boiling hot turned heating off opened window put fan on.nurse came in to measure blood pressure and temperture.blood pressure fine but she said that my tempreture was high 37.7 she took it again to check same 37.7 asked if i felt ill i didn't just thought it was because the room was hot and i was nervous she said another nurse would come and take tempreture again in 15min to see if any change.so 15 min late another nurse takes tempreture 37.1 fine takes it again 37.1 temp ok should be able to have op.Levick and anaesthetic pop in say they are ready to do op but concerned about my tempreture so ask the first nurse who took it to do it again so she does 37.4 then does it again 37.5.levick and anaesthetic tell me that i might have a virus or someting and to risky to do op i agree with them better safe then sorry.so will phone up this week to book another op,have bought thermometer to check temp which is fine now could be worth people getting one and checking temp before they leave for op as i felt fine and didn't know i had a temp.[/quote]

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Good luck.

Stay cool. (Get it? Stay cool.....?! Yeah, that was a sh*t joke, sorry.) ;D ;)

Seriously though, all the best. Levick and his people are top-notch.
Another happy Levick Lad.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024