Author Topic: 1 week post op...  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
and my chest is tight and hard, and uncomfortable, I really dont know if things should be like this or if things are going wrong....

Im getting paranoid, I dont know if I am just being over-cautious, but has anybody else had a pumped/firm chest, quite gynish in appearnece kind of, if you follow me! Gynish in a non gyne kind of way...

Im hoping its just swelling, and it will go down......whats your experience?

Also Im brusied all over the chest area......looks terrible...how long before this dies down folks?

Cant wait for my consulation with Mr L......I need reassurance that this has all gone ok, and not pear shaped(!)

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Yorkshireman

I think your unnecessarily getting yourself wound up, its only 1 week post op mate, you have had pretty severe trauma to the chest area and it needs to heal.  

Read the last few posts from my diary and you will see, when i look down on my chest it still looks quite swollen and i could mistake it for gyne, but when i look in a mirror i see its fine in the nipple area. My chest was tight and still is but not as much now and is getting better daily.

As for the brusing, well different people take different times for brusing to go away.  I hardly had any brusing at all and it was all gone a few days after i took the bandages.

Remember how many ops Mr levick has done just recently, keep the faith. Its going to take months to fully heal.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Cheers for that RRB....deep down I have faith that it will be ok, but I guess I have just become paranoid about my chest over the years, and my op wasnt as smooth as i would have liked...the frightening thing has been how quickyl and how mucht he chest has filled up after the op...

Its gone from flat as a apancake to a pumped rounded chest, although no puffiness etc this time!

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
yorkshireman,

im a bit confused here , how can you have been noticing changes in your chest when your a week post op today,you should only be due to take the sticky bandage off today or did you take it off early?

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
I was in hospital for 3 days, I was advised to wear the vest instead of the bandages, which is why I can see exactly whats going on!

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
oh i didnt realise that ,

perhaps because the majority of us had the sticky bandage on for a week stopped us seeing what was going on under there until things had settled down a bit.

another thought i had was that wearing the sticky bandage forces most of the swelling to ride up over the top of the bandage,so when the bandage is removed you can really see the flat chest but with the ridge of swelling still visible .

where as in your case your getting more even compression but with that comes more even swelling all over the chest area .

hope that makes some sense .

chill out mate it'll be ok

paul

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Hey Yorkshireman.

Just try remember that Levick knows what he's up to with this.

How severe was your case before? In comparison to Chorlton, for example?
etc.

Offline Zane

• Posting Member
  • Levick removed on 18/03/05, get in!!!!!
I know exactly how you feel Yorkshireman, I had my op with Levick around the same time and i'm getting paranoid about eveything, but like people say, its all gonna be cool in the long run, just gotta be patient.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024