Author Topic: Nope1's Diary - Scar Tissue  (Read 21739 times)

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
I am starting this thread to record the development of my scar tissue underneath the skin where the incision was made.

After the first 2 weeks, everything was looking pretty good and flat...at weeks 3,4,5, and now 6...the scar tissue has been getting worse and is now making my nipples push out and the tissue is very hard...the breasts look fattier for some reason too...maybe just an illusion from the nipples sticking out and scar tissue

6 weeks post-op:

-nipples sticking out because of scar tissue
-breasts looking fattier than around the 2 week post op mark
-unhappy with current results

Offline crazycanuck

• Posting Member
What procedure did you have specifically?
Which surgeon did you use?  If you aren't comfortable saying, at least what state was he in?  

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
What procedure did you have specifically?
Which surgeon did you use?  If you aren't comfortable saying, at least what state was he in?  

I had excision only - Dr. Assad in Ontario Canada

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
8 weeks post-op

No change from week 6

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
9 Weeks post-op

-no change from week 6
-physique is looking better from working out regularly, but chest and scar tissue has not improved
-I am massaging 3-4 times a day for 5-10 min at a time or more

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
week 10 post-op

-looks the same as week 6

-scar tissue seems to take less time to soften from massaging, but the amount is the same

-I saw my PS today, he said he will inject a steroid that will flatten and dissolve the tissue at 6 months post op if it is still there...he said it probably will still be there at 6 months, so either i can wait for 1 year post op, to see if it went away on its own, or I can have the injection at 6 months...hmmmm, its a tough call, very temping  :-/

He said it will flatten significantly anywhere from 6 months to 1 year post op

He didn't do any lipo, although I needed it...so I am going to try to lose the fat over 4 months of a cutting diet and workout - I only have 20 lbs to lose, so I think I can do it, try to get my body fat to 8% or lower, I'm at 12% now...but if it is still fatty at the end of April '05, I'm gettin the lipo

Such a long road  :-[
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 03:20:04 PM by nope1 »

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
my case was not major at all

It was minor to moderate - which is why its so annoying about the scar tissue, cuz my case wasn't bad to begin with

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
11 weeks post op

No changes or improvements  :(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 06:40:14 PM by nope1 »

Offline noshirt

• Silver Member
  • Surgery done on 5/20/04
there has to be something out there to speed up the healing time for scar tissue, its very frustrating.

Offline steini

• Silver Member
Dude, 12% BF is good :).

You haven't much fat to loose, it wan't look better at 8 or even lower BF%.

Just keep massaging and look forward.

I think he tought about a cortison shot, and that's not really a steroid, isn't it!?

Simon

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
Dude, 12% BF is good :).

You haven't much fat to loose, it wan't look better at 8 or even lower BF%.

Just keep massaging and look forward.

I think he tought about a cortison shot, and that's not really a steroid, isn't it!?

Simon

No, I don't think cortisone is a steroid...but my PS is talking about something other than cortisone...but he assured me its not a "steroid" in the sense that scares the crap out of us who had gyne...there are different types of steroids, and these have nothing to do with hormones at all

As for my body fat...I know lowering my BF won't reduce the scar tissue...but the fat I still have on my chest will improve...I need lipo on my chest if lowering my BF doesn't work

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
3 months post-op

Well I have been taking poloraid photos of my progress every now and then, and just took some today and compared to older ones, here's what I noticed.

Around 6 weeks post op, I was definately experiencing swelling, because now after comparing the photos, my chest looks a lot less flabby than it did at 6 weeks, I guess the flabby look was just swelling...there is still some extra flab on my chest, but I think that is due to taking creatine and bulking cuz I'm trying to put on muscle...In January 2005, I will be shedding all the weight.

Aside from the pictures, I have noticed my scar tissue becoming a tiny bit smaller on my left (worse) nipple, most of it is also softer too but there is still the really hard tissue kind of inside or behind what has softened.  And the thing is, even though it feels smaller, it still looks the same, but that may be because I see it everyday.  I can't really compare to the pics I took because the tissue hadn't fully developed at 6 weeks post-op, and those are the most recent pics I have.  My right nipple is developing some hard tissue recently.  I guess this one took longer to develop, but still the amount is less than in the left

So overall, I am noticing now some minor improvements...taking the pictures really helped me a lot
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 07:23:35 PM by nope1 »

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
4 Months Post-op

Still no improvements

-I am still noticing the left nipple scar tissue is getting softer but not any smaller
-the right one has scar tissue that is still hard but maybe a bit softer than at 3 months, but maybe not

Offline mysterio

• Posting Member
great diary nope1. i'm in the same boat as you, so it's good to read someone else's journey.

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
great diary nope1. i'm in the same boat as you, so it's good to read someone else's journey.

Thanks, I will keep it going...I can't wait until I post something positive!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024