Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2590 times)

Offline kingboob

Hey, I am new on the forums here. I am not quite sure what the purpose of my post is but who cares, everyone seems really friendly.

Basically I am wondering what the situation is on getting the old man boobs removed on the NHS....

My situation is, I am 20 years old and I have had very large breasts as long as I can remember (pre-puberty), my weight balooned throughout my teenage years to a high of 34st (476lbs for you americans out there) about 3 years ago....

Since then I have been weight watching with the help of my family and doctors I have got my weight down to a much healthier 16st 12lbs... (236lbs), at 6ft 5 tall this is still not my idea weight by a long stretch but I am working on it. 

My problem is I still have large breasts, but only now they sag and hang about, especially when bending over, which is obviously very uncomfortable (even painful) and embarrasing, especially when they flab about making strange noises while exercising.

AT 20 years old I have no experience of a love life because of this problem and I think now is the time to start asking my endocrine specalist consultant about getting a referal for the excess skin and breasts tissue removed through surgery, when I spoke to them previously (6 months ago), I was told I needed to keep my weight stable for 12months first and that the op would be availible on the NHS......... However since then I have been hearing news about NHS cut-backs and I am wondering if this is something I am going to have to pay for myself

What are the costs involved in this kind of procedure? 

What is the best way to tell if I have excess fat or actual breast tissue or a mixture of both? They feel pretty firm and a tad lumpy but they have shrunk considerably since I lost weight, but obviously haven't disappeared completely.

PS> I am in the Coventry area, I am reading on the forums about a well respected Dr who deals with this kind of operation in the Birmingham area? Is this correct?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 10:42:10 AM by kingboob »

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Congratulations on the weight loss, thats an amazing achievement. The surgeon in Birmingham is called Mr Levick. He works from the priory hospital in Edgbaston. Its probably worth the £80 to have a consult with him and find out what your options are. Even if you go the NHS route at least you will know where you stand in terms of whats fat, whats gland etc. Mr Levicks no if your interested is 01527 577675. Best of luck.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
hey well done on your weight loss :)
Must feel great losing half your bodyweight in that short time :)
Right i personally believe that the NHS route is going to be a long hard route.
All nhs areas are different and i was told by my local nhs to "wear a bra"
I quickly opted to go to Poland and get shut quickly and pay my own £1500 (including flights and everything)
Continue losing the weight and watch the babes come flooding in :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline kingboob

hey well done on your weight loss :)
Must feel great losing half your bodyweight in that short time :)
Right i personally believe that the NHS route is going to be a long hard route.
All nhs areas are different and i was told by my local nhs to "wear a bra"

Wear a bra? You are joking?!!!!   They wouldn't say that to a woman who needed a breast reduction for health reasons or even a breast reconstruction after cancer..... wear a bra, that is just, well I am speechless!

Well, it has taken me the best part of 3 years to lose the 17st.... I bloody gained 1lb last week! That was annoying..... so obviously I am not wanting to hang around waiting on the NHS forever.

Looks like I may be having to do some family fund raising to pay.... I think I might start saving now, £1500 to go to poland doesn't sound too bad considering.

I think the problem for me is, I have great big saddle bags under my shoulders too, like just loose skin, so I don't know how much surgery will be required on that before they can do my chest.

Untill recently my exercise consisted of basically cardio work, 40-60mins 3 times per week, I have upped that and I am starting to include some resistance work and weights, in the hope that might tighten things up, but to be honest I think it is probably too little too late, especially for my breasts.

I dug out some old photos last night, of me when I am 6-8 years old, I was a chubby kid, but even in some of the holiday beach snaps you can see I clearly have boobs or at least a tendency to carry fat in that area.

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Hi Mate ,
Congratulations on the diet, you should hold your head up high!!

NHS ROUTE: Is a very difficult one in deed...though some people get an emapthic doctor who rail roads them straight in! I didn't , i got consultation after consultation and then a big fat no!! ( 12 months)
i was that desperate i started looking for clinics abroad because i was skint ( student) and i am so glad i did!! Not only did it help me, it helped others who were skint and in need of help!! i got mine for just under a grand..yeh!! but i did need revision surgery , only cos i got lipo the first time and not excission!!
please read the poland thread and see if its for you.......but still try the nhs route, will save u money! lol

mark

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
to be fair Levick does have some good results nowadays.
Maybe it is practice ???
I chose Poland :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024