Author Topic: The usual question here, Is it or isnt it?  (Read 4526 times)

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
 >:( I would like to have anybodys opinion on my gyne, if it is or isnt , what i could do meanwhile and any info at all to put my mind at ease a bit.
i know ima big guy. but i cant begin to lose theweight with these two boobs flappin about everywhere lol!
thanks alot

It really is a big issue in my life, im 20 years old i live in the uk, and i must do something now before its too late.
thanks alot everyone i really appreciate all the support of one and another so far.

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
sorry also would like to ask if a compression vest would make much of adifference with my case  ???.
Also please Rate 0-10 :)

Offline uk_steve

• Posting Member
hi man, let me first say i don't know too much about gyne.

but how old are you?, i remember this kid on our street and he was in simlar shape to you (he was about 15) hes now 21 and hes thin as a rake  :o

if your over 18, then weight loss maybe something that you will be fighting with for the rest of your life (as the majoirty of the human race)  ::)

**body complexion** your stomach looks in-line with your chest, so only thing you can do is lose some weight - you may still have some flappy skin after the weight-loss but i believe this can be easy corrected on the NHS.

even though i don't know a lot about gyne, one thing i am certain of though is a dr will not attempt to correct your chest if you don't attempt to lose weight.

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
hey, yeah right, i do know its going to be something i have to do, only problem is i find exercise really hard because of the gyne, im 20 years old by the way.
Do you think something like a compression vest would work?
And if anyone who knows could tell me if this is gyne or not! either way its really distressing for me.
thanks alot :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
A dr will not attempt to correct your chest if you don't attempt to lose weight.

'Some' doctors, not 'all' dude...  We all know that gyne will not go away with weight loss! Yes, it will reduce some, but it will not completely disappear in most cases. I was a tad overweight when I had surgery. My PS did not tell me to loose weight first.

However.... I did, at one point (early 1990's) loose weight to rid myself  of the curse. Got down to 148 lbs. (approx 11 stone) standing at 6 feet. I was very thin but the gyne remained. Very disappointing! Over the next several years, the weight piled back on. In 2004, I hit 227 lbs (16 stone). I was approx 200 lbs (14 stone) at the time of my Op on February 16, 2005.

Do you think something like a compression vest would work?

It may, somewhat. Temporarily.

And if anyone who knows could tell me if this is gyne or not! either way its really distressing for me.

Dude.... you have Gynecomastia. Go see an Endocrinologist to see what's happening with your hormone levels and to see if there is an underlying cause for you gyne. If you check out okay with the Endo, then contact a Plastic Surgeon for a consultation to have surgery.

GB

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
absolutely gyne, maybe a 7-8, pretty serious.  the endo may be less necessary since it's a done deal and you're probably out of the unstable hormone range, though it's possible it wouldn't hurt. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
Yeah up until recently i wasnt aware of how many guys did have gyno. in a way its good now cos i dont feel like such a weirdo consulting my GP about it. but its just not taken seriously by anyone these days.
I think im at apoint in my mind where im sooooo strung up about it that even the smallest snide comment could probably make me either violently attack someone or just withdraw myself completely from everyone and everything.
im having a really bad patch with my girlfriend and i think this has alot to do with it as im becoming more anxious the closer to summer i get, I love her. but how can you show someone you love them when you have so much hatred towards yourself.
i have been really touched by all the support i got on here, i already feel like im accepting it a bit more now.
 I really need to fix this now!
My plans now are to make an appointment with my Gp and explain to him how im feeeling.
Im gonna see where it goes from there.
I am so grateful to all of your comments etc.
i hope i can also help any of you out at any time i can!
my dilemma is that i cannot really do any exercise while i have this gyne, A. it hurts B. its embarrasing and C. i cant go to a gym for obvious reasons.
I used to love swimming, and i know that its probly the only exercise that would help my weight the most, but i could not take my shirt off infront of people!
Wouyld be good if they had swimming pools for ppl with gyne lol.
I will ask my GP about seeing an endo, im sure they will put it down to my regular cannabis use. Which i find is the only thing in my life that really does keep me grounded.
when im baked i dont think about the gyno.
i am gonna do anything i can to walk in a beach with no shirt or just one layer on!!!!
thanks all

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
and if anyone else could let me know what they think i would appreciate it a ton! ;D

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
don't give up on the exercise yet, it's no gyne fix but it's good prep.  consider cycling an hour a day if you can, even on a stationary or something.  if you put a little physical support under that you might even be able to do other things too. 

Wouyld be good if they had swimming pools for ppl with gyne lol.
great idea, but blatino would probably show up and get arrested for soliciting minors :P  :D

Offline kingboob

Ok well, if you look at my pictures in the forum you will see mine are bigger / were bigger than yours and my body / skin is in worse shape too.... So you are not alone.  :-)

I have lost a lot of weight and although mine have shrunk up a lot, they are still there.... and you know what, even if you could burn off all the gyno in a gym (and you can't) no amount of exercise is going to shrink our nipples back to a normal size.

As for exercise... well, I don't mean to sound tough here, but I was 34st and I managed (with help from family etc) to get myself to the gym.... At the start I could only manage 7 MINS walking on treadmill followed by 5 mins on the cross trainer - Imagine how stupid I felt going to the gym looking like a whale, paying £3 for a workout, and leaving 12 mins later exhausted......  persistence is the key.

I know it is uncomfortable, but shop around and you will be able to find a gym which is quiet or at least is not full of those he-man types who bench press 10000 lbs with one hand while rubbing baby oil on their perfect chest with the other....... you know the type, middle aged men with tiny bollocks that spend all day at the gym infront of the full length mirror - they are best avoided.
My local gym is generally very quiet and is used a lot by over 50's.... very unlikely to ever speak to a young lad going in there, and when they do it is usually only to say how fantastic I look now compared to 2 years ago!

Brisk walking, stationary cycling and the cross trainer are the best machines - I personally find they don't make things flab about too much.... but I don't run or use the rowing machine.

I am no expert, but it is 100% clear to me you will need the NHS to do something to help you out here, but they will probably ask you to try and help yourself first! 
So even if you buy some cheap weights from argos and just do some exercises in private 4 times a week and keep it up for a few months I think you will start to see improvements. while also showing enough commitement to the DR that you can get something done medically......     I know this is a pain but lets face it, there is going to be a waiting list anyway, so why not do your best to get a few pounds off before the op?

I think im at apoint in my mind where im sooooo strung up about it that even the smallest snide comment could probably make me either violently attack someone or just withdraw myself completely from everyone and everything.

As for the comments - Well, I have been getting them all my life, I allowed the morons to bully me out of school by the age of 14 and I didn't get any education because of that -    I have learnt not to care what people think.

What you have to ask yourself is: Do you REALLY care what these people think of you?  Your friends, family and loved ones love you right? They think you are a nice guy, they don't care about your moobs! 

So why should some ignorant tosser who feels they have the right to comment on your body make you feel bad about yourself?

I think you have to say to yourself: Yes I do have man boobs, it is NOT my fault, there is nothing I can do because this is the way I am made - people have no right to make  snide comments about it, and if they do they are people that are not worth wasting my time over.

When you go to your GP, make sure you stress the mental and physical health problems caused by your boobs - lay it on with a trowel, the NHS can and will help, but they aren't going to do it if they think you are just a big vain - So make sure they understand the full impact this is having on your life.   

You will probably get a referral to an endocrinologist (sp?), they are very nice people (in my experience) and will pick up very quickly if there is any hormonal reason for your problems.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:03:25 AM by kingboob »

Offline Daniel_uk987

• Posting Member
if anyone has noticed where my skin folds under my chest and upper stomach it has left red lines there, do these ever go after weight loss?
or are they just diguisable with a tan?

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
yeah, the skin fold should fade eventually with weight loss.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024