Author Topic: please check if this is gyne  (Read 2686 times)

Offline randomdude

The routine question: my photos are at http://new.photos.yahoo.com/randomdude3181 If you have problems accessing the photos, please let me know.

I am a 26 yr old new member of this board, tired of being with this condition of excessive breast tissue for quite sometime (2-3 years) now. I think it seems to be mild/moderate but it has been enough to wreck my social life. I have been self-conscious all the while and I am running out of patience every day selecting the right undershirt and T-shirt that hide it well. I am from a place close to the sea and men are perceived as weird if they hesitate to take their shirts off at a beach. It gets really worse in the summer with everyone dressing up light and I cover myself in multiple layers.

It physically bothered me when I took to serious running last year. During a long-distance running race, my nipples bled from the chafing. My doctor showed me to a general surgeon – both suggested I use some Vaseline to reduce the chafing. As for the gyne, they said I should just “get into shape”. My endocrinologist had checked my testosterone levels two years back and said I was perfectly fine. I have been on Isoniazid (INH) medication for inactive tuberculosis for 9 months now as suggested by my doctor, and I see my condition worsening.

1) I am posting my pics here. I don’t know how well the gyne is captured in the pics. Please rate my gyne on a scale of 1-10.
2) Can getting muscular biceps and triceps, and abs make the gyne appear insignificant?
3) Can swimming make it look better?
3) Is INH a possible cause for my worsening gyne? Can I claim for insurance based on the medication? Has anyone in this board got gyne from INH?
4) Are there any tests other than testosterone that my endocrinologist should check for? Since I had a nipple discharge, could it be from excessive prolactin?
5) If I choose to go for surgery, do you suggest lipo + excision? I already have waited for 2 years putting off the surgery vs no-surgery decision.
6) Two/three months after the surgery, can I train to run a marathon?

I am wavering every day whether or not to have surgery. A part of me says I should be confident by myself (it's very mild gyne that I have) and a part of me gets very self-conscious in front of my friends and colleagues. Obviously, I have kept this condition to myself. The implications of a bad surgery or a infection or anesthesia-death are so huge, but at the same time this all seems to be a very well-monitored/understood surgery -- but when it's yourself all alone things loom larger than otherwise.

Any advice/guidance will be much appreciated.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Its simple.  Get the surgery.  If it bugs you this much, then it is a no brainer.  I can't believe the doctors told you to "just get in shape."  Sounds like some bottome of the class doctors.  You look like you're in pretty good shape to me.  Talk to a plastic surgeon, they won't tell you that.  As for the risks of death from surgery, you have a better chance of being hit on the head with a falling piano from the sky.

If you decide to go with surgery, make sure you get excision with lipo.  Don't just get lipo.  It never works.  Ask any person that's been here a while and they'll tell you that.

to answer your questions in order:

1.) this whole rating this isn't very accurate.  I'd say about a 3 or 4
2.) well, you'd look more buff, but you'd still have gyne.  plus, if you try to increase your pecs, the muscle could push out the gland and make it worse.
3.) don't know, usually you can find that info out on the web.
4.) talk to an endo before you even talk to a ps
5.) lipo and excision.
6.) It depends.  Some people heal up and don't have much swelling.  Some people do, either way though I think that you should be ok to train after a month.

good luck.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
what he said.  will add though that while a lot of early gyne goes away, some does not, meaning us, and those who think telling somebody working out will cure gyne need a little professional reeducation and have left a lot of people with advice that never panned out. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024