Author Topic: Underworks Compression Vests  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Miggsy

• Posting Member
Have seen these compression vests recommended by loads of people.

Silly Question time:  I have ordered a couple of the recommended shirts, but can someone tell me whether being post-op means I should be ordering different sizes etc? If I take an XL in stage 1 compresson vest from Euro Surgical, I presume that means I am the same size with Underworks as well, or does the first few weeks of healing alter that? Just suddenly thought it might be different and the ones I have ordered might therefore be of no use to me!

Anyone out there able to shed any light on this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 05:32:28 AM by Miggsy »

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi Miggsy,

It’s not a silly question.  I have only used the Underworks vests so I can’t comment on the sizes for Eurosurgical.  Underworks have a size chart on their website stating what chest measurements = what size.

The chest measurement I used for ordering was for me without boobs.  Now I realise that may not be quite as easy as it sounds because when you measure yourself before surgery you have the damn things there which makes your chest larger.  The way I worked it out was I knew my chest size before they grew (they grew only 2 years before my surgery) and then I measured myself under my boobs to see what that was.  The 2 measurements were pretty much the same so I ordered vests based on that figure.

I think the simple answer to your question is measure your chest under your boobs and maybe allow an extra inch for your pecs if you think it necessary.  The Underworks 980 vest has adjustable hook and eyes up the front so getting the exact size doesn’t matter so much.  If you find your vest isn’t as tight as you would like then you can always wear a T-shirt under it to pad it out. 

I take your point about maybe needing a different size for the first few weeks after surgery to accommodate swelling but I would say no, don’t get a larger size for this.  You need the compression on the swelling to control it.  If you get a larger size then you are not getting the compression you need.  I would say get the size of vest to fit the chest you expect to have without boobs and make no adjustment for the different stages of healing.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Miggsy

• Posting Member
Thanks TTFI - that all makes good sense.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024