Author Topic: surgery yesterday with Dr. Karidis  (Read 2901 times)

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
Hello all,

just posting an update as promised.

i finaly had my surgery yesterday (24th feb) with Dr. Karidis which was performed at the hospital of st John and st Elizabeth in london.
arrived just after 8am ready for my 8.30 app, i was shown to my room which was very spacious and comfy! sky tv, en suite ect ect.
the nurse prepared me, filled in various consent forms ect and i was on my way to theatre by around 9am.
had a final talk with Dr. Karidis just to clarify exactly how i wanted to look and the position of the incisions. had a few photos done and then it was time for the anesthetist to do his bit. next thing i remember i was waking up in the recovery ward with the op all done and i was fitted with a compression vest.
after i had come round properly they wheeled me off to my own room again and i was checked every half hour for 2 hrs by a nurse, blood bressure/heart rate/temperature.
Dr. Karidis checked in with me later that afternoon to see how i was doing, he said that it went well and i would be very happy with the results, apparently there was quite a bit of gland in there.
i was told to remove the gause pads and change into the second compression vest (i was given 2) the next day (sunday).  i had a nice lunch and i was discharged around 5pm.
well today i worked up the courage to have a look....and i am very pleased with the results so far, nice and flat just how i wanted it. i still have plasters over my areolas and under my armpits, and the bruising is quite spectacular!

i had this op done on the NHS around 6 years ago and the dissapointment when i removed the bandages from that op made me very nervous doing it this time around.

the total cost was £4500 and it seems like money well spent. first class service all round.

id like to thank everyone on this board for their support, especially uk2000. its been a real help to me so far and hopefully will continue to so.

tazz.

Offline TommyA

• Posting Member
Tazz
Thanks for the update and glad it went well, I am in a similar position to you I had the op done on the NHS about 6 years ago too and they improved it by anout 50% but did not take away enough and am reluctant to go through it again and want to make a v calculated choice on which surgeon to use if I do go ahead at all and spend the £4k

There are too many people dissapointed with Levick and needing revisions to consider him now I have looked into i. Thinking about Poland or maybe Karadis like you, did Karadis use drains?

Good luck with the healing, I take it you were not even in there overnight?

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
thanks guys,

no drains and it was a day case.....which i was pleased about!

tazz

Offline patientx1

• Bronze Member
Tazz

Good news for you. I know how it is for the op 2nd (3rd) time round. As I have decided for Poland - Karidis would have been my first if I felt I could afford it -can you tell me where exactly Karidis put the lipo incisions, as I think in Poland they use the nipple as entry, but I have heard / seen quite a few success stories of having them done a few inches below, so the canula can 'fan' through the crappy fat.

If that man Karidis is using that method, maybe I should quiz my Polish guys about this use also?

Still all a bit confusing for me....!
Scar revision & Bio-Alcamid injects by Ruth Waters '04

Revision lipo surgery Poland / Baranski 1st Mar '07

Rev. lipo London / Karidis end of July '08

Rev. laserlipo England / Gabriel Feb '09

More photos to follow

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
one small incision under each armpit (already healed) and another incision was made around the bottom of the areolas, about 5-7mm wide. i still have plasters over the areas so i couldnt tell you how they are looking at the moment.
in my previous NHS op, the incisions were made slightly lower down in the "crease" area if you know what i mean.

good luck.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Congrats on your surgery Tazz.  I think it’s been a while since anyone posted on here after having surgery with Dr. Karidis so it’s always good for prospective patients to have several doctors to read up on for their impending surgery.

Good luck with your healing.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
hey tazz glad it went well.  after a few months the incision around the aerolas wont be noticable at all.
start massaging after 6 weeks and not before. reason is let things settle down before u start rubbing. use cocoa butter from boots with vit e.
my results now are good.  im so flat around the chest, im gna try hitting the gym again to build it up.  stomach sticks out, but hey :)
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024