Author Topic: SURGEON NEEDED IN ENGLAND - HELP  (Read 2105 times)

Offline OnlyMe

• Posting Member
Hello

I have recently visted my doctor and he has told me a have gynecomastia and need surgery.

Can anyone recommend a surgeon to me that is in England, one in the North East of England would be great.

Thanks

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

Welcome to the boards and don't panic.  I suggest you go to the UK section of this website and have a good read there first.  Then have a look at the Photo section to get an idea of how your chest compares to others.  Maybe have a read of the diaries in the Diary section to get an idea of what to expect if you decide to have surgery.

An important thought would be to know how and why your gyne has appeared and developed in the first place.  There would be little point in having surgery if the underlying cause was still around.  It is not uncommon for gyne to regrow after surgery if the original hormonal imbalance has not been addressed.  The hormonal imbalance that appears around puberty can often cause Gyne but it usually settles itself naturally.  Gyne which appears later in life needs to be investigated.  There is a lot to think about so take your time.

You will see that there are a few UK surgeons who carry out this procedure very frequently.  One is based in Birmingham and another couple in London.  You will also see from reading the UK section that a number of UK sufferers have gone to clinics in Poland who perform the surgery at something like half the cost of the UK surgeons.  Like all things in life you pays your money and you makes your choice.

Take your time and read what people have to say.  You will always find some patients who are happy about surgeon A and unhappy about surgeon B and vice versa.  You have to make your own mind up but the one VERY important thing is to have realistic expectations of the surgery.  If you expect a perfect chest after surgery you will probably be dissapointed.  You should however expect major improvement to the extent that you can live a normal life, wear what you like and be happy to take your top off in public.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Good luck and keep in touch.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 06:13:58 AM by Time_to_fix_it »
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024