Author Topic: When to resume training  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
When is it possible to resume exercise and training after op? Im currently 10 days post op, although if you haven't seen my previous posts I also had a second op 24hrs later to close some burst blood vessels.

So what do you guys think?

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
4 to 6 weeks... but be sensible... Walking (like out for long walks) is fine at 2 or 3 weeks. Gym cycling at 4 weeks or so... 2 or 3 months till you want to be pushing the benchpress too hard! I think I was swimming at 8 weeks.... but it all felt really tight... I couldn't stretch my arms out properly!

Ian

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
10 days then i went cardio training at the gym 4.5 weeks before i started weights.  To be honest you should know in yourself when you are ready.  People are different and i wouldnt take anyones word on this sort of thing.  Go when you feel you are ready too
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
I found that I could do stuff, but then the next day the chest would really ache much more than you would of expected it to!

Ian

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
im more of a cardio trainer myself. When you talk about chest ache IT100, does that apply to any exercise? Also, when are you able to fully stretch those arms out?

Offline Ste

• Posting Member
I reckon start after about a month - you'll know when.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024