Author Topic: SURGERY 28/3/07 - NEED ADVISE  (Read 2642 times)

Offline OnlyMe

• Posting Member
Hi

Am having surgery on the 28/3/07. And i was wondering if anyone could give me some advise regarding what I will need after surgery.

Offline Gaz_R7

• Bronze Member
Need in respect to what exactly? ? ?

Offline tazz

• Posting Member
a big comfortable chair and the tv remote!

good luck  ;)

Offline OnlyMe

• Posting Member
Like, vests etc for after surgery. Also any tips on what i could do before or after surgery to make it easier. Eg Shave arm pit hair

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Hi Onlyme,

I would say that the first person to ask is your Plastic Surgeon.  It will of course depend on what method he uses.

I used Paul Levick in Birmingham and he provides his patients with a folder detailing all sorts of advice regarding pre op and post op suggestions.  It covers pretty much everything you would need to know from food, vitamin supplements, alcohol, exercise, compression vests and what to expect after surgery.  Because his method involves using heavy adhesive bandages after surgery it is very wise indeed to shave every bit of body hair from your chest, back and armpits.  That may be completely unnecessary if another surgeon uses a different method.

Go back to your PS and ask his advice.  It is in his interest as well as yours that you are in the best possible condition before surgery, and doing all the right things after surgery.

Good luck on the 28th.

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024