Author Topic: Here are my pics. First time i post. Please tell me what you think. Thanks  (Read 4556 times)

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
Please tell me what you think. I am 28, from montreal, Quebec.  I had a consultation with Dr Frenette in montreal, he is recommands only lipo but i have a doubt.

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
DO NOT GO WITH ONLY LIPO!  That's what you will hear from anyone hear that knows what they are talking about.  Talk to your PS again and explain that you want some excision.  If he doesn't listen to you, go to another PS.  Also, there are people here from Canada that can help you find a good Plastic Surgeon.

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
Thank you for your respond. Dr. Frenette actually told me that an excision could be necessary after 4 months of the lipo. Is it curent that they do this operation in two steps like that ??

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
well , i might be wrong but it looks like you could lose some weight before considering surgery
diet+working out= endorphins = confidence  ;)

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
It is not recommended to lose weight before surgery, 3 different plastic surgeons told me when i asked. The skin would hardly adapt and it is more dificult to the surgeon to remove fat, that is more " Fibreux " ( in french ) . It is recommended to lose weight a few month after the surgery for best results.

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
if u lose weight , it could resolve it self...
thats better then surgery , isnt it :D?

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
if u lose weight , it could resolve it self...
thats better then surgery , isnt it :D?

exactly what i was thinking..

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
NO!!!! I was 30 pounds lighter 3 years ago and before and i still had gyne !

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
still, i dont know what the doctor's were telling u that it's smarter to be fat and get the surgery then be the correct weight and be healthy...
it sounds retarded to me ... id rather go in the surgery physically, mentally ,and emotionally prepared for it
not 30lbs overweight and saying to myself im going to start after because you might never start you;ll be happy with your chest and just go back your lifestyle , more then likely.

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
I want to solve that problem, ok ? 3 different ps told me what they thaught about that, and since your not a plastic surgeon, i am respectfully gonna go with their advice and i am not gonna lose weight before the surgery. I lived with that for so long and sufer so much with it, now that i can afford it, i will do it and follow the recommendations.

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
Your comment is disrespectfull. I come on this site to have support and your comment was unappropriate.  Yes i have a few pounds that i should lose but it seems that i've explained my case and i just want to solve my problem the best way possible. I am not gonna lose 30 pounds and then go under surgery, the result will be horrible. I am doing what ps with PHD's degrees are telling me to do. Doctor are not telling me not to lose weight, they are just telling me to lose it after surgery, that's all. If i do not do so, results will be horrible and there will be hanging skin. I don't want that at all. 

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I removed the remark that you referred to it was out of line.

I am confused by several of the things that you are hearing from your surgeons. All of the experienced surgeons that I deal with strongely encourage and sometimes even insist that you loose the excess weight before surgery. That is so they can conture the lipo to your body shape.

I also don't understand wanting to do more than one surgery. Having done this twice, I can tell you that you really don't want to do this more than once if you don't have to.

I am curious as to how many gynecomastia surgeries a year your doctor performs.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline ForexFreak

• Silver Member
i agree with Merle, it just doesnt maake sense on why they would tell u not to lose weight????

Offline socorock

• Posting Member
Dude seriously, your PS must be ripping you off or something, theres a 40% chance that just lipo won't work. So instead of getting lipo and then getting excision, just skip the lipo. Otherwise you might end up spending even more money. In my opinion 40% is too high of a percentage to risk it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024