Author Topic: Ayo, newbie  (Read 2233 times)

Offline caps84

• Gyne... damn, bugger, argh!
Hey guys, i'm new here  ;D

I'm 21 and ive had gyne (to some degree or another) since my mid-teens.  When i was young i put it down to being overweight, since then ive grown taller and thinner but... my breasts have got bigger (although im still kidna overweight).  It's all rather upsetting, wouldnt u agree? Anyway, its about time i did something about it.  So far...

I went to see my GP a while back, she confirmed that i had gyne.  I was referred to a breast consultant/surgeon (a Prof. Bundred).  Waiting in a waiting room full of middleaged women with suspected breast cancer wasnt too confortable  :-/.  Anyway, after waiting around for a while i was finally seen to.  He said that the NHS generally doesnt treat people with gynaecomastia, and if i wanted an op on the nhs i'd have to lose weight and get my bmi (body mass index below 25).  Is this so?  He went to on say that because of my inheirent fatness, if i were operated on it would leave me with gaping 'teasaucers' for breasts.  Hmmm.  Left the hospital very unsure that day, they said they'd write but they never did, the sods (i'll write em a letter).

So the plan is to lose weight for now.  Meanwhile, i reckon it'd be a good idea to arrange to see some private surgeons and get some opinions.  I dont suppose anyone could recommend any in the Manchester area?

Expect to see me on this board for a while, i guess i'll post some pics at some point.  I'm determined to sort this problem out, cos when i do i can kick back and relax on a beach in spain without a care in the world!  8)
Relax, this shell's only temporary, we are eternal, "all this pain is an illusion."

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Hey there Caps,

Welcome to the board.  I also live in Manchester but travelled to Birmingham and had my op done by Mr Levick at the BMI Priory.  If you look through some of the threads you will find details on how to contact him.

Consultation will cost £80.

Good luck

Chorlton

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024