Author Topic: Fast approaching surgery & important advice needed  (Read 4488 times)

Offline newmanby30

• Posting Member
Hello all,

Well, it's been over 5 years since I last visitied this site - and I have reached the decision making point in my "life with gynecomastia".

I have tried my best to push my issues to the back of my brain - I've been gyming and starving myself (!) to see if anything makes a difference to my body shape, but reluctantly it seems that surgery is the only way to go.

I have been to see a cosmetic gurgery group called Transform, (http://www.transforminglives.co.uk) and have had meetings with both the clinic manager as well as the surgeon.

After initially thinking that I only needed lypo, the surgeon has revealed that I have quite a lot of hard tissue behind the nipples that needs removing if my chest is to become flat (proper gyno surgery). This means that my procedure now increases from £2,700 to £5,600, plus they still feel I should have lypo on other areas to make my body in proportion.

They have offered to do the gyno surgery plus two areas of lypo for £5800. Can people advise me whether this is a competitive price?

Also, they are struggling to put me in contact with any previous men who have had surgery. This is causing alarm bells to ring for me so I wondered if anyone else had any experiences with alternative surgeons/clinics in Manchester?

It's my 30th birthday in September and the best present in the world for me would be to have a normal shaped chest.

Please advise,
Thanks

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Hi,

Yes, like you, I would feel uncomfortable going with a surgeon who couldn’t really provide evidence of experience/successful surgeries.  If I were you I would be looking around to get consultations with other surgeons before committing myself to this one.

Have a good read here on the UK forum and in the Diary section.  There are several surgeons who sufferers have used.  Some are happy with their results some aren’t. At least it would give you an idea of who else you might like to have consultations with.

One last thing .. If I were you I wouldn't constrain myself to one city or area in looking for a surgeon.  To get the best result you may well have to go further afield.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 05:42:21 AM by Time_to_fix_it »
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline lockie77

• Posting Member
Hi Mate,

Is the lypo they are referring to your chest area? Most procedures involve both glandular tissue excision and lypo of both (2) chest areas. I had this done in Brussels for about £2700. The doctor (who was brilliant) comes to London and Manchester about once a month for consultations. Im really, really pleased with the results.....feel free to ask any questions if I can be of help........

Offline man-chest-r

• Bronze Member
Hi, I was treated by Mr Byrne at the Manchester BUPA Hospital, check out some of my previous posts, and send a PM if you want. Cost me £2.5k. Be more than happy to help. Good luck !

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024