Author Topic: Mr Juma/NHS  (Read 2065 times)

Offline bikerboy2007

Hi, i have suffered for several years (since i was about 13). I have lifted weights for the past 3 yrs, hoping this would help. I eventually went to see my doctor about it over 2 years ago, he wasnt much help. I had a hormone test and everything was OK. I left it at that until eventually about a year later i decided to see my doctor again (a diff doctor). He reffered me to the plastic surgeon nearby, Mr Ali Juma.

He told me to lose some weight (about a stone) and then come back and have measurements done for a compression vest and get me booked in for an appointment.
He said i will not be able to get it completley flat due to my pecs, and said he thinks i should have lipo done and leave the breast tissue in, as removing it would make me lose more blood and have extra scarring...

I didnt really argue and went away, I have now nearly lost all the weight, and was just wondering if anybody else had used Mr Juma???? It worries me a bit that he didnt want to remove the gland.
However, im starting to get impatient and i think if i try and et another surgeon it will take several more months.

Any help would be appreciated....

Offline 15ineedhelp

• Bronze Member
I dont see how removing the fat is going to help.
If you ask me theres no point in doing that OP.
Your still going to have the puffy nipples.

Offline steve21

• Posting Member
Stay away. If he isnt going to remove the gland then its pointless. You can lose excess fat yourself its the gyne gland that you need a surgeon to remove.

Offline outertrial

I second that. Having a gyne op is quite a big deal in terms of the event itself and the recovery time. Even if it is free you dont want to set  yourself up for something that is almost definitely going to have to be redone later.

Offline bikerboy2007

That is exactly what I thought. If im going to have an operation I might aswell get the problem completley sorted rather than half done.

It just seems a bit strange that he reccomended having the lipo on its own. I was thinking of going back when Ive lost all the weight and saying I want the gland removed aswell.

If he is not keen on this, I will ask him to refer me to another plastic surgeon. Just thinking he might be a bit funny about this. Or I could go to my new go to my new GP, but this will take months again to get my consultation etc.

Can anybody reccomend a surgeon in the North West/Liverpool area??

Cheers.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024