Author Topic: Burning Sensation Post Op  (Read 2542 times)

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
I'm about 4 days post op and twice today, once while sitting and once walking I felt a brief, but intense burning/pulling sensation right around the nipple area, but felt like underneath the skin. I was worried that I might have pulled something causing a hematoma, but when I got home and looked, everything looked pretty normal/nothing out of the ordinary.

The part I'm most nervous about is ruining anything that was done underneath. Right now things look SO good.

Has anyone else had this? I know people get all sorts of weird sensations as the nerves come back, but these two seemed a little more intense than I was expecting.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
hard to say for sure, but unless you're really heavy, seems unlikely just walking would do that.  if you haven't seen much obvious indication since, might not be cause for worry. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The perception of pain is different for every guy.  I always tell my patients to expect numbness, tingling, intense itching and occasional shooting pains in the chest.  These are all manifestations of the temporary interruption of the nerve fibers to the skin.

As long as your chest is symmetric (ie, n hematoma or seroma), then it should be fine.  You should, however, check with your surgeon if it continues or worsens.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024