Author Topic: Gynecomastia - surgery this week ***PICS ATTACHED***  (Read 6198 times)

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member
***** Pre / Post Op Pictures at bottom of page 1, going on to page 2

Guys,

This is my first post on this forum, however over the past couple of years I have read the forum occasionally.

I've suffered with Gyno for a number of years now. I first noticed it developing when I started lifting weights in the gym and began to become more muscular.

Before starting the gym I weighed in at 8 stones; now I'm a comfortable 12 stones.

At first my Gyno was slight, I thought it was a part of normal chest development. Over the years it has gradually got worse - noticeably it is worse in one side compared to the other.

I've continued going to the gym trying a mixture of weights and cardio to reduce my body fat percentage. I would say I'm a fairly athletic build at the moment - I am of Indian origin so naturally slightly fatty compared to say those of African origin.

What I have found is that the leaner I get the worse my Gyno seems to get. I think this is due to the Gyno tissue not reducing in size as my chest is losing fat.

It's quite annoying that I have nipples that seem to poke out and protrude when wearing thin jumpers or light coloured  T-shirts.

A few weeks ago I visited a cosmetic surgeon and he confirmed what I already knew, i.e. that I had mild Gyno.

My surgery will consist of removing the Gyno tissue as well as a small amount of lipsuction.

I can't wait to have this surgery done! My closest family know about it and think it's a great idea that I am having it done.

The surgery isn't the cheapest £2,450 ($3,800), I have been lucky in that the surgery had an offer on - the usual price is £2, 950 ($4, 600).

I'm willing to pay this price for peace of mind. I find it frustrating that I eat healthily and exercise regularly yet I am left with these unsightly lumps.

My only fear is that as I am of Indian origin and therefore have a fair, but darker than Caucasian skin pigment, there may be dark scarring left over. My surgeon has assured me that he will cut a semi-circle around my areola / nipple and that scarring will be minimal.

I have taken some pre-op picture and will post then soon. I will be sure to post my post-op picture soon.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:24:39 PM by Sonny »

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
Best of luck on your surgery!

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
Good Luck!  Do keep us updated with your progress.

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member
Thanks guys. Surgery is today. Will get the pics up ASAP. Surgeon recommended that I take Arnica 30 as this helps with bruising.

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

Quick update. I had the surgery yesterday at 7pm. I went under general anesthetic. Came round fine. Felt a little nautious. Managed to drink some tea with lots of sugar in. Was sick a few times, I think this must have been due to air I swallowed into my stomach. Feel fine now. It's about 8 hours post op, I can feel minimal pain, just a slight tingling in my nipples. Wearing a compression vest so difficult for me to see the results. However, my chest does feel 'cleaner'. Surgeon said he would not remove all tissue as this would leave a depression in my chest area. Was slightly disappointed to hear this however I trust his judgement. Also had lipo done. I will seek his advice on seeing an endocrinologist as I want to be sure hormone levels are ok any gyno won't grow back. 

Will get pics up as soon as I can.  :)

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
good to hear your surgery went well. 

do keep us posted on the pics, and any other insight you  might have.

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member
good to hear your surgery went well. 

do keep us posted on the pics, and any other insight you  might have.

Hi Morpheus,

I was discharged this morning and am now at home. I'm surprised at how little pain I have, I can hardly feel anything other than a slight tingle in my left nipple. I'll have the compression vest on for 4 weeks. I have been prescribed cocodamol for pain, I've not taken any. I've also been prescribed antibiotics to fight any infection, I am taking this.

It's difficult for me to take post op pics at the moment as I still have bandages over my nipples and where the lipo needle was inserted. I am due to visit my surgeon in a week to get these removed. He will take a post op pic then so I will share these.

Sounds pretty obvious however I'm struggling to put on upper clothing by myself, it's handy having someone around.

So far I'm really impressed by the results I can see. My chest is much flatter.

I have been training pretty hard in the gym 3 months prior to the op. I aimed for 1 hour, 4-5 x a week. 30 mins rowing machine burning 300 calories followed by 30 minutes of free weights. During that time I lost around 2" of fat around my waist going from 34" to 32".

I'm planning on using bio oil and arnica gel to help with scarring. As I can't really exercise for 4 - 6 weeks I'm trying to continue keeping my diet as clean as possible. Higher in protein, good fats and good carbs. Aiming for a lot of fruit and veg too as I'm a great believer in this.

Offline gynespain

• Posting Member
it feels so wierd to read ur post, some days ago you were in the same situation that i am right now  ;D

im really happy for you knowing that everything went as expected

enjoy it ;)

Offline anogyne

• Posting Member
Seems like you had the same type of surgery as me. Seems to have worked out well for you though. Mine went a little bad but still too soon to tell really I guess. The difference in our treatments though is that you got antibiotics. I kinda want this as well after I realized I had some blood and brownish sludge on my right nipple after removing bandage and tape.

Brg

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member
Seems like you had the same type of surgery as me. Seems to have worked out well for you though. Mine went a little bad but still too soon to tell really I guess. The difference in our treatments though is that you got antibiotics. I kinda want this as well after I realized I had some blood and brownish sludge on my right nipple after removing bandage and tape.

Brg

Hi,

From what I understand full results won't be seen for a good 6 months. I too have some bleeding from one of my nipples. I can't see if this has stopped yet as I have a bandage / plaster over it. I can make out some dry blood when looking at the bandage.

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member

Offline Sonny

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024